Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Adding fog lamps?

25K views 80 replies 20 participants last post by  danbfree 
#1 ·
My dad found a company that sells aftermarket hid fogs and I was wondering if they would be able to fit into a 2013 se that has no fog lights currently just the black plastic covering the holes. Is the wiring still in place ?

I was kind of skeptical myself but here the link to the website.

http://www.blinglights.org/products...s-Foglights-Fog-Lamps-Driving-Lights-Kit.html

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks![:)]

#2 ·
No wiring in place and BCM has no paths to control the fogs.

Sent from the HO KID network using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
i bought those... don't buy those... they are just some generic fogs that aren't really even made for the 2012 fofo. after i sent them an email saying they were the wrong size, they sent me instructions on how to make my own bezels. then after that sent me completely illegal fogs which are for off road use only. and then i finally got my money back.

#9 ·
I think we have the control module already there also the headlight switch has the truck release in it and I was looking behind it and I only see 3 wires coming out the switch I would assume one is for the headlight the other for the trunk release and the last one for the panel light dimming ...

#10 · (Edited)
Would it be possible to wire a set of factory fogs to a switch under the dash like an aftermarket set? Use a relay etc? Shouldnt be too difficult. I have a 2013 as well. When I put my winter tires on ill look for any wiring that may have been added to the front from the factory. I doubt it but its worth a look

Oh and what year factory fogs will fit? Just the 2012-2013?

#12 ·
Thats for an 08-11 focus, different body style then the 12+ models. Wont work as a plug n play

#13 ·
I realize its a different body style but I dont believe ford changed the fog light design. I know it will need manually wired and i will have to add a aftermarket foglight switch but if you look on car-part.com etc. It is telling me the fog light housings for the older body style are exactly the same as the fogs installed on the 2012-2013 body style. They are also the same fog lights that come with the V6 mustang pony package. Im just looking for someone who has their bezels off to paint them to confirm this. Im gonna crawl under mine and see what mounting holes are under there tomorrow.

#14 ·
Oh, yeah ive found that too. Ford used them in a lot of vehicles in the past 10+ years. Let me know what u find. Cause what i found online was u had to buy a mounting bracket for the 12+ model.

#16 ·
Well I know when I was searching fordparts.com it showed that it has a mounting bracket.

#18 ·
A little update. I just purchased these off Ebay. 2 for 55 bucks. Plus they are FORD OEM fog lights, not junk. It looks like they come with H8 bulbs which kinda suck, but Im planning on replacing them with H11's or even H9's. Im going to order a set of ceramic H9 sockets when these arrive. The H9 sockets will accept H8, H9, and H11 bulbs. Then I plan on wiring these up like any set of aftermarket fog lights, with a relay, and add a switch under the dash somewhere out of sight. Im planning on modifying the black delete bezels on the car to open them up for the fog lights. Probably with the dremel and a heat gun. If it looks like crap, Ill just buy a set of bezels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121000668746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

#19 ·
Got the foglights. They are indeed valeo housings with what feels like heavy glass lenses. Good buyer for anyone looking for foglights. Ill make sure they fit tomorrow but im sure they will. They did come with H8 bulbs but after their wired i plan upgrading to H11

#21 ·
Im not wiring them factory. Probably just get an aftermarket foglight wiring kit with a relay, all the wiring, fuse, and switch. I have a pair of h11 sockets coming as well. KC HILITES makes a nice wiring kit. Its 40 bucks i think on ebay. Im gonna check advance auto tomorrow maybe. Heres a link to the kit on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002MAERU

#25 ·
A little update. I picked up this wiring kit at advance auto for around 11 bucks. Looks to have the same specs as the kc hilites kit only cheaper. I also got a different switch that is smaller and lights up blue.

#27 ·
3 wire switch. My only issue is the power wire that comes off the switch. Its supposed to be wired to the low beams or parking lights etc. Im wondering if this will cause an issue. I was thinking about running it back out to the battery. The ebay link for the lights I bought was the cheapest and best lights I have found.

#31 ·
Those are LEDS. We are installing 2 55 watt bulbs. I dont know what the draw would be on the hot wire going from the switch to the parking lamps. Im not risking it. Need to find a power source that turns on with the key that doesnt go through the BCM. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

#34 ·
Fuse 80 is the moonroof which my car is not equipped with. Ill be checking to see if that fuse is powered with the ignition. Not sure if it goes through the BCM either. I saw others were powering radar detectors from here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.