Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Traveling to Maine from Texas

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  cobie56 
#1 ·
So tonight I am going on leave to travel to home (Yes, I am from Maine) for Thanksgiving with my family. I am traveling from Austin, TX to Oxford, ME which is roughly 2100 miles one way. Then I will be making the return trip to Texas toward the end of the month.

I will post my fuel mileage from each fuel up from Fuelly on here when I get to a stopping point.

Anything crazy going on along the east coast from Hurricane Sandy that I might run into on my way to Maine?

#6 ·
If you are going to be on I95 Northbound at all, it is closed in the city of Wilmington, DE. When on I95 in Newark, DE there is an I495 and I95 split. Take the I495 split to the right. It will turn back into I95 North just before the PA line.

Most of the major stuff is close to the shorelines. You'll be fine.
Thanks Guys! It is gonna be a Wicked Long Trip. Plus, I have my wife and two small dogs.[facepalm] I won't be going through Delaware. I am gonna take I-78 to stay North of Philly. I will be going through I-95 through New Jersey, New York and Connecticut then onto CT-15. I will be hitting the road in about 2 hours so I can go sign out on leave then I will be on my way to Maine.

#5 ·
If you are going to be on I95 Northbound at all, it is closed in the city of Wilmington, DE. When on I95 in Newark, DE there is an I495 and I95 split. Take the I495 split to the right. It will turn back into I95 North just before the PA line.

Most of the major stuff is close to the shorelines. You'll be fine.

#8 ·
You'd probably be better off going around Manhattan, instead of taking I95 through the city.

I'd go 78->287->87 across the Tappan Zee->287, and pick up I95 north of the city.

That's just me, though. I stay away from NYC at all costs when driving.

Looks like you'll have gorgeous weather for the most part, though. Enjoy the trip!

#9 ·
Have a safe trip!

Also, might be a good chance for a long-run test of premium vs. regular.

My Ti seems to prefer 93 octane for all-highway runs. I've got as high as 45.0 over nearly 500 miles cruising at 65 MPH. Doesn't seem to help when it's mixed city/hwy but I have seen a difference with premium on all-highway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.