Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 15.6%

Fog light film

8K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  OPsDad 
#1 ·
Has anyone put the film over their fog lights on your focus? thinking about maybe putting a yellow or blue tint on my sterling gray focus. Has anyone done it? pics would be awesome! (especially if you have a sterling gray).. what do you guys think, yellow or light blue? Also dont forget to vote! ^

#5 ·
Yellow actually serves a purpose and looks way better. I prefer 3000k bulbs myself, but that's not what this thread is for. Voted.

#6 ·
Pretty sure yellow actually DOES NOT work better for fog and is just a misconception that it does.

It does look cool though, but it actually DIMINISHES visibility.

#9 ·
The misconception is that they cut through fog, period. They're to help light up the road and lines more directly in front of you for lower speed, low visibility situations, e.g. fog, heavy rain, blizzard. Yellow (in my experience) is particularly extremely helpful in snowy conditions.

#10 ·
im actually ordering some yellow tint for my fogs:) only question is, since i have a 6k hid kit in mine, will the light actually be green? but to answer your question with my opinion, is get some tint of each color, its cheap and easy to remove if you don't like it:)

#11 ·
I've always understood it as this: Our eyes have evolved under the white yellowish sun and see best in its color temperature range of about 3300K at dawn/dusk to about 4800K at mid day. Tipping the scale slightly towards infared adds definition, and towards ultraviolet we loose it. If you notice on rally cars the pure yellow fogs are only in addition to several regular lights.

Its why OEM HIDs are 4300K and slighty less than pure white. Why some people prefer brown/copper sunglass. And why almost universally warning signs are either yellow, orange or red.

#13 ·
Yellow light also reflects more evenly than white light off of reflective surfaces/objects, whether it be fog banks, raindrops, snowflakes, road paint, or road signs. The glare causes hotspots in your vision, and these hotspots cause your eyes to adjust for the increased light, similar to a camera auto-adjusting for overexposure. While our eyes are much more dynamic than a modern camera, the 'overexposure' does significantly decrease our ability to see anything in the low-light areas in our field of vision.

I live in an area that is overpopulated with deer, and being able to see the deer beyond the edge of the road is critical. It's also another reason why you should adjust your dash lights to the lowest possible setting when driving at night.

Go with quality yellow bulbs, though, and clear film.

#19 ·
Leave blue for the "cool kids" and either get ultra white bulbs or get yellow film if you plan on more than the occasional inclement weather drives. I'd do yellow if my Focus was to be driven in bad weather alot but that won't be happening so I'm just planning on better brighter bulbs all the way around.

#28 ·
I gave the information needed in the other thread with links. The thread seems to have been forgotten or it's just being ignored. But let's keep this thread on topic.

You can get the Lamin X on Amazon for $15. I didn't see any for $9.

#39 ·
Thanks for the input! If you buy it from JDMtoys.com it is a film with two covers, one for the sticky side and one to protect it when putting it on! I doubled up the tint for a more yellow look

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.