Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tsb 12-10-15

7K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  PratoN 
#1 ·
5232 - 2012 Focus Built On Or Before 3/5/2012 - FM Channel Changes After Switching Through Other Audio Modes
See TSB 12-10-15 for details 12-10-15

Anyone able to get further info on this TSB?

#6 ·
Thanks, Jaclyn. I actually have an appointment for Tuesday morning to have 3.5.1 installed. I was trying to figure out if I also needed the 12-10-15 TSB performed, so I could have them both done at the same time. It's great to know that I only need TSB 12-11-01.

#8 ·
You're welcome! Everything 3.2.2 addressed is built in to the 3.5.1 software.

I have 3.2.2 and my vehicle still does it. Another user (lewisra?) also stated that 3.5.1 did not fix this issue on their vehicle.
If you're still experiencing this concern post update, please see your dealership for further diagnosis.

Jaclyn

#10 ·
This gets me back to my original question. Does anyone actually have a copy of the 12-10-15 TSB that is supposed to address this specific problem? I'd like to see what the procedure is. Being a systems engineer myself has been helpful in the past when the service techs at the Ford dealership and I had to work together to try to figure an issue out. Dealing with all sorts of computerized equipment, from embedded systems up to online services with 100k+ servers, over the past couple of decades has taught me that there are very few issues that are completely new. Most are just slight variations of things that have happened before. :)

When it comes to new stuff like this, the techs at my local dealerships (and I suspect most every dealership) are often at a loss unless there's a very specific TSB from Ford about it or they've seen that exact issue before. While I can play around with it for hours figuring it out if I want, they are locked into doing work that they can charge labor to a customer or Ford for, so they don't have the freedom that I do. I can often do a slightly better job on even routine stuff because I can take my time and tweak/clean every little thing perfectly, where they know they have to get done in the time rated for the task in their systems.

#11 ·
#15 ·
Copernicium again you are truly an asset to this community. I will go ahead and try and get the upgrade. Just saved me time and money. I feel like a noob for not reading the tsb first I just assumed by the thread of people going to dealer to update.

#17 ·
Makes me wonder if this update will actually fix my system.
Can't hurt man. Give it a go. After I first got it installed I was on the fence. Things were quirky. Leaving the dealership I had no volume control over music and sync-lady's voice level. Ran a reboot when I got home and it fixed those issues. It was still quirky though. I finally bit the bullet and did a master reset two nights ago. Since then I have had a breakthrough in call sound quality (but I have only made one call so I have to investigate that further, not ready to state it is consistently better just yet), I can receive texts (and have the system read them) using an iPhone (still can't send any though). Sirius traffic/travel link seems to work better but again, need more extended time to see if this holds true or not. For the first time since 3.0.2 I am able to have fuel prices and traffic on the map working simulataneously. It used to be one or the other. My guess is the dealership should have performed a master reset after installation but did not.

Guess what I am saying is, if you are going to self-install, do a master reset before installation. When installation is complete, do another master reset. Things I've noticed:

- BT definitely seems to play better with the system, more reliable.

- Nav definitely improved.

- Still investigating call quality but after the master reset seems better. Need more time though.

- Sirius seems better but again need more time.

- GPS seems to lock in much faster, used to take 8-10 minutes every morning to lock in but since install it is locking in less than a minute every morning.

- Voice commands for music seem vastly improved (still not quite as good as they were for me w/2.11 but much better than 3.0.2, which totally destroyed them for me).

- Index/voice command building time seems about the same.

4-5 days after the 3.0.2 install I reached the conclusion that I wouldn't wish that "upgrade" on my worst enemy. Besides the loss of features, it just seemed to swap one set of bugs for another. 3.2.2 was a lateral move based on my observations, put temp back on the screen but a lot of the existing problems were still there. 3.5.1 is the first one I can honestly say I would recommend so far. Still playing though!

#22 ·
See http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301557 for the main discussion on this TSB

I originally had some bluetooth laggyness/skipping when I installed 3.5 but this went away after a master reset. Since installing I've found that my iphone 5 connects faster and more reliably. Bluetooth music playback is greatly improved as well. The system will seek to connect back to it's previous audio source without having to do what one person described fantastically as the "bluetooth dance"

If you don't have nav I'd really suggest downloading it if you are having problems. It has been a great improvement for me. I believe once ios 6.1 comes out and fixes a few issues on their end I'll finally be happy with MFT.

#25 ·
My dealer charged me $36 to do this update to the ACM (I'm past the 3year/36k mile warrranty), but shouldn't this have been covered under the 5 year/unlimited mile MFT extension warranty? Or is that just for issues with / replacing the APIM?

Not a huge deal, but just more proof that the dealership near my work has perfected the art of scamming their customers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.