Focus Fanatics Forum banner

way to charge phone and have phone outside of center counseL?

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Cfcastro 
#1 ·
In my previous car there was an opening in the center counsel that allowed for the cable to run outside of the center counsel is there a way with the focus? or has anyone drilled a small hole for a charging cable ? curious what others have done. I would rather not used the 12v outside the center counsel.

#3 ·
In the 2012's (I've mostly looked at the ST) there is a groove in the front side of the center console box that allows cables out.

You probably do want a notch from the top, rather than a hole, because the hole would have to be big enough for the connectors, much wider than the cable itself.

#4 ·
Actually that slot isn't for a cable. That slot is for the lid to center and to keep the hinge safe (to keep it centered).

When you close the lid a plastic "tooth" drops down into that groove and goes all the way to the bottom. The better part is the corners of the lid don't close tightly, so I just leave the cable sitting on the corner when I close the lid.

#13 ·
^This, and is the best option. Makes it easy to place the phone where you want it, no cable pinched in the console lid, and much tidier.

#16 ·
I have a titanium 5 door. Although there is not technically a groove on the console, the apple cord still has room to pass through the closed console if you ensure to put it either to the right- or left- most part of the opening where the latch mechanism is located. I just found this out by chance when I accidentally shut the console w/ my iPhone connected and sitting in the cup holder. [driving]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.