Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My new Zetec-S

8K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  slow3v 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I picked up my new Focus last weekend, and it's been a whirlwind romance ever since.

I absolutely love the car. Everything about it is soooo much better than my previous Mk1.

I went from a 2.0l Petrol Mk1, to a 1.6tdci Mk3, and i'm absolutely loving it. The economy on the car is great! currently about 48mpg over 500 miles so far (not too shabby from the 22mpg i came from!)

I also think the Zetec-S is beautiful. I've had many compliments on it's looks and yeah, it's definitely fair to say i'm in love! I think the 18in wheels really suit the vehicle.

There's a couple of things I want to do to the car. I've swapped over to a Sony radio, and didn't like the Silver radio surrounds/air con bits, so got some black bits for them, and will be looking to get some interior LED's for the dome lights, and some white LED's for the Side lights, and puddle lamps in the next week or so.

Eventually i guess i'll buy some white headlamps/fogs as well, as they are disappoitningly yellow... but not yet...

If anyone has any advice on some simple mods, or some nice LED's they could recommend, then i'd love to hear what you've got to say!

Thanks very much,

Michael (loving his new car)

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks sweet man! Welcome to the forum. If you need anything be sure to use the search bar at the top, that way we dont clog up the forums with double threads. If you need something stop by the Sonic Crew lounge and join the fun.

#4 ·
Oh man oh man.... If we could purcahse that in the states. I love that painted lower trip on the bumper, our unpainted plastic so cheap, especially with the muffler showing....

Hope you love it!

#22 ·
I would guess its the same one we get, we just have the touchscreen in place of the buttons.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile 2
Totally separate system the driver interfaces with, but the Sony speaker system is probably the same.

Regardless, one can purchase the headunit on eBay (as others have done) and like the OP said it's a direct plug and play affair, looks 10x better than the non-touch NA market unit.

OP, the car looks amazing! Love the wheels and the lip kit the Zetec S gets, as stated I wish we got it here!

#14 ·
If anyone has any advice on some simple mods, or some nice LED's they could recommend, then i'd love to hear what you've got to say!
Here are some quick and easy things I know of, follow or ignore as you like: [;)]

-Blacking out the chrome grill and window trim has become common
-Black rear badges
-Stealth turn signal bulbs
-Black fog light bezels

#19 ·
+1 for blacking out the fog light bezels. I used some Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy (black, of course) to black mine out and they turned out great. It really helps the appearance of the car, since the chrome looks very cheap. My car is a tux black but I think it will look great on yours too.

#15 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments guys... I'd love to have MyFord Touch! so I guess the grass is always greener...

ChickenMuffin, I got the radio from a Breakers... I really wanted the Sony system, and was disappointed it wasn't an option from new... so I got onto a breaker, and managed to find one at a reasonable price. Following your how to ;) the whole thing took an hour or so to completely facelift. All just plug and play :)

Here's another pic of the car and alloys from a straight on angle. (well... as straight on an angle I can get without climbing on top of my neighbours car!!)

oh, and another thing i went for was an illuminated gear knob... I think it looks 'the nuts'... lol Leather at the back, and then the same blue as the rest of the interior.

Cheers for the suggestions Twenty... I like the idea of contrasting Black and White... something I may well look at doing in the (near) future!

Michael

#21 ·
I got the illuminated gear knob from Ford direct... Saw it in the brochure and thought it looked amazing... also saw some illuminated scuff (door sill) plates... but they were over £200 saw decided against them for now...

I really, really would like the MFT (obviously with the caveat of it working properly... ;) haha) but then I guess most people would like it if it worked!

I'll look up the ford part number for the gear knob when i get the chance and post it on here.

Nice idea with the blacking out of the fog bezels for sure... Weirdly, I currently do quite like the chrome look, but i'm sure that may change in time, and as i said previously I really like the idea of the high contrast white/black look all over.

The pin-striping might look pretty crazy on the honey-comb grille... i hadn't thought of doing anything to that, but that might change now! haha would really make it stand out!

#25 ·
Yup.. it changes the whole sound system. From 6 speakers to 10.
In addition, here we get the 4,2 tft screen instead of the 3,5 matrix one(I don't really know if that's the case in GB).

I absolutely love your car. I'm quite sad that i didn't order the skirts but it was optional and it costed about 750 euros, so i delayed the purchase till next year. Hope you enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.