Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Painted Calipers..finally

8K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  henry135 
#1 ·
Well I was off today, and my decision for the day was either spend the day painting my calipers, or go trade my 5 month car in on an ST. I think I made the more financially sound choice.

Took most of the day, between disassembly, cleaning, and multiple coats of everything. For the red, I used an actual brush on ceramic caliper paint kit, which dries to a hard and smooth surface. For the brackets, I used gloss black epoxy roll bar/chassis paint for some chip resistance. Did three coats on each part. I think it was worth a good days work.

I will post up some pics of the car over the next few days to show them with the wheels. My car is filthy and it's raining the past few days here.

See less See more
#14 ·
I used the Dupli-color caliper paint kit, available at Advance or Autozone. It comes in a box, with a can of spray prep, the pint of caliper paint, and the brush. The stuff dries fast so you need to be able to do all 4 calipers at the same time. For the black I used VHT roll bar/chassis gloss black, and just sparyed it into the cap and used a brush. Three coats on all parts.

I have Ti 18" wheels, and I will get some pics this weekend after I was the car.

#16 ·
I'd like to do the same, but have Red Candy Metallic and haven't found a Caliper paint that color, so black all over or any suggestions, here's the stock look, Bright metal caliper's behind chrome wheels....

#20 ·
OT, but Yes, Bojix splitter, I put it in my signature as I really like it and want to give them credit.
There's several out there by now, I'm thinking of doing the very bottom lip in CF Di-Noc or ... Black PD... so maybe that's my answer, Black Calipers behind the chrome wheels...
2012 Focus SEL 5dr Hatchback in Red Candy Metallic w/ ...
303a package, Winter package, 17" Wheel and Tires, ...
Bojix front splitter, ....

#26 ·
Yeah PowerSurge the color is perfect for your car -- very nice...

I've been thinking about painting mine and am toying with the color to go with my Sonic Blue Ti HB. I'm leaning towards red with a hint of orange...

I think when I do it I'll completely pull the calibers and anchor plate when I do it so I'll need someone to help bleed the lines when I put them back on...

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.