Focus Fanatics Forum banner

3 Wishes

4K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  TboneZX3 
#1 ·
You are hand washing your Focus one day. As you are rubbing your favorite wax on the hood, a genie pops out of the tailpipe. He says "I am the Ford Engineering Genie, and because you freed me - I will grant you 3 wishes. Unfortunately, as an Engineering Genie, my powers are limited. I can only re-engineer parts of your car. I can't even upgrade them. For example, I can re-tune your engine, but I can't add a turbo. But, anything that you want to go back and re-engineer I can do. I can even give you a square steering wheel if that was your hearts desire!"

#3 ·
I'm in.

1. Fix the floor vent from blowing on my feet when on other settings (I love my sandals, but my feet are either freezing or melting depending on the setting).
2. Include a 6th gear on the manual transmission (3k rpm at 70mph?!?! really?!?!).
3. Make the headrests in my back seat fold instead of needing to be removed to flatten the seats when lowered (my '03 Yukon did this, why can't my '12 Focus?).

I really like the car otherwise. Those are my 3 biggest "issues" so far.

A couple small ones that aren't deal breakers, but man they sure would be nice to have:

4. Make the sunroof open a bit further (I don't like the dew dripping on my head..Or add a small drip tray back there!)
5. Auto Up/Down on all windows (Is this an option on any of the '12+ Foci?)
6. Add Bluetooth Audio to the main "source list" in the Sync System. (I know, just use voice commands)
7. Retain power window and sunroof functionality after key is off until driver door is opened (My '06 Audi does this, as did my '03 Yukon, and '00 S-10).

Can I rub the hood 3 times and get nine wishes?!?!

#22 ·
5. Auto Up/Down on all windows (Is this an option on any of the '12+ Foci?)

7. Retain power window and sunroof functionality after key is off until driver door is opened (My '06 Audi does this, as did my '03 Yukon, and '00 S-10).
My focus sport see in china has these features and also has the auto up/Down and sunroof open from the key fob only found it out the other day

My 3 wishes include options not avaliable in china. Those who know my car know I have the top of the line in china but some things are missing

1. Heated seats...not option here but want them
2. Pedals are too close together I think...
3. Ablitly to change the interior light settings

#5 ·
I would wish for:

- 1.6L Echoboost with a 6-speed manual
- paint that I can change color whenever I feel like it by rotating a knob
- 2" more tread width, sport suspension, and bodywork extensions that "Contour SVT" my little sedan to go along with the 1.6L Echoboost powertrain

#6 ·
1. Retune this engine to make 230 HP 210lbs without sacrificing more than 3mpg.
2. Sixth gear. ( i dont care if you cant make a turbo, make this 6th gear happen).
3. Make voice sync A.I.

#11 ·
I would run and scream because I must have been high.

based on the looks of it though...
-hid Headlamps
-honeycomb style tail lights (dont ask)
make it that pastel blue the mustangs are

#13 ·
1) Better or thicker paint on the front bumper. It's too thin, my 95 Volvo's bumper holds up better to rocks and other debris than this car. Just lost some two large sections of paint the diameter size of a aux jack two weeks ago and now it looks fugly with touch-up. (Silver is hard to even out, looks darker in most angles).
2) Make those rattles go away, especially the front doors near the speakers. Either add some foam between the panel and the metal of the door or just tighter clips.
3) Tell the people who assemble these cars do a better quality control, too many misaligned panels like the tail-light and the tail gate, or panels not properly snapped into place. We brought a 2010 Civic with few problems than this.

#20 ·
1. Recalibrate the EPAS to improve road feel.

2. Offer a handling package for non-Ti cars. Stiffer springs and more aggressive dampers.

3. Get rid of the fake metal plastic bits on the steering wheel and center console. Make them charcoal color. Similar to the Focus S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.