Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Found A Use For It

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  doublej 
#1 ·

The garage door opener fits in that space.[ffrocks]

See less See more
#2 ·
it would prob b a change collector for me... good thinking.

looking at your pic, one thing i noticed thats kind of sad.... your climate controls look exactly like the CCs i had on my 2000 ZTS. you think they would have changed them at least a little. i never noticed that before because I have the elec CC

#4 ·
That's about the only useful thing I've found to do with it too.

There's probably an Engineer somewhere laughing to himself saying, "This'll have'em guessing for YEARS!!"

It'll probably be something people remember 20 years from now too. Conversation go something like:
[drinking]
Person A: "You used to have a 2012 Focus?"
Person B: "Yeah, great car."
Person A: "Remember that odd-ball storage spot though?"
Person B: "Yours had that too? Ever find a use for it?"
Person A: "One guy on a forum did, but I never did figure out what it was for."

#13 ·
The cars with the little slot also have the little handbrake lever further back on the same side afaik. That's opposed to the large hand brake lever on the SEL/Ti center console on the 2012, or the SE appearance and Ti center console on the 2013s.

#18 ·
This is what the center console looks like on an SE model (2012) without the winter package for those curious. Also note the lack of sport mode[:(]
Looks like someone took their console apart previously.

I think the crazy hole is cool. Lots of them.... little ones next to rear seats, etc. They could have just put plain moldings on, but instead tossed some crazy holes to hold random stuff. Gives it more character.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.