Ford cargo tray and 18" wheels - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply




 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103384
Location: Sechelt, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

Posts: 107
FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MyThIc3LiTe I have read some of your posts. You get off at sniping at people. That's your thing. Being helpful isn't.
Linchpin is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
Focus Addict
 
MyThIc3LiTe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95163
Location: Edmonton, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

Posts: 782
FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
MyThIc3LiTe I have read some of your posts. You get off at sniping at people. That's your thing. Being helpful isn't.
Yes, let us deflect.

Doesn't change the fact that YOU derailed the thread with your Mitt Romney levels of insanity in your previous post.

Also funny is that you aren't even American, so why comment on their issues? It is one thing to just sit and laugh, another to actually understand.
__________________
2012 Ford Focus Titanium Blue Candy Hatch 2009 Suzuki Swift+ - Traded in 2006 Lincoln Zephyr - Traded in

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
MyThIc3LiTe is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
I.S.A.I.K.I.
 
Peregrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Fan#: 6009
Location: Wadsworth, IL
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

Posts: 5,413
FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
You think the logical thing for the dealer to do is take the tray back and eat the difference on the correct part.
Peregrine is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #34
Focus Addict
 
MyThIc3LiTe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95163
Location: Edmonton, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

Posts: 782
FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
You think the logical thing for the dealer to do is take the tray back and eat the difference on the correct part.
As far as I am aware, and someone please correct me, but when I wanted to order one my dealer said that the tray wouldn't work with the 18" tires, but this was a while ago so I'm not sure if they have made a 18" specific one or if its still the same one.
__________________
2012 Ford Focus Titanium Blue Candy Hatch 2009 Suzuki Swift+ - Traded in 2006 Lincoln Zephyr - Traded in

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
MyThIc3LiTe is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #35
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88299
Location: Torrance, CA
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Posts: 3,486
Points 4,928, Level 44
Points: 4,928, Level: 44 Points: 4,928, Level: 44 Points: 4,928, Level: 44
Level Up 89% Completed
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Doesn't change the fact that YOU derailed the thread with your Mitt Romney levels of insanity in your previous post.


It is best to keep political references out of this or any other discussion here.
Kabigon is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #36
Focus Addict
 
2012silversel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83969
Location: Mpls., MN
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Posts: 788
Points 2,015, Level 27
Points: 2,015, Level: 27 Points: 2,015, Level: 27 Points: 2,015, Level: 27
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
It is best to keep political references out of this or any other discussion here.
And to OP should stop bashing Americans and the American worker.
2012silversel is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #37
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103384
Location: Sechelt, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

Posts: 107
FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A few days ago I met with my Ford dealer who I bought the cargo tray from. They were not aware of an issue with 18" wheels. But after they reviewed my Focus with the rear seats folded into cargo space they confirmed that the tray is about 4 inches too long. They readily agreed to take back the tray and refund my money. They also reviewed the literature on Focus accessories. The dealer could find not find any advisory by Ford to the effect that the tray would not fit my Focus with 18" wheels. While it is true that Ford advises the tray will not fit a Focus with a full size spare the dealer inspected the spare that came with my Focus and found it was a 17" wheel. They told me this was not full size because it is smaller than the running wheels. This nonsense started when I contacted Ford Canada Service AFTER I confirmed that the tray was the right part number and should fit. Instead of being helpful Ford Canada threw the dealer under the wheels of an F350 by maintaining that any problems with the part were the dealer's and nothing to do with Ford. The reason it is an American issue is that the Focus is assembled in Dearborn, USA. I have no idea where the tray was made. But it doesn't matter to me. It is still a Ford Dearborn issue. If Ford Canada had investigated my complaint, which they didn't, they would have confirmed that I actually had a problem.
Linchpin is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #38
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 13,291
Points 10,685, Level 68
Points: 10,685, Level: 68 Points: 10,685, Level: 68 Points: 10,685, Level: 68
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 30 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
A few days ago I met with my Ford dealer who I bought the cargo tray from. They were not aware of an issue with 18" wheels. But after they reviewed my Focus with the rear seats folded into cargo space they confirmed that the tray is about 4 inches too long. They readily agreed to take back the tray and refund my money. They also reviewed the literature on Focus accessories. The dealer could find not find any advisory by Ford to the effect that the tray would not fit my Focus with 18" wheels. While it is true that Ford advises the tray will not fit a Focus with a full size spare the dealer inspected the spare that came with my Focus and found it was a 17" wheel. They told me this was not full size because it is smaller than the running wheels. This nonsense started when I contacted Ford Canada Service AFTER I confirmed that the tray was the right part number and should fit. Instead of being helpful Ford Canada threw the dealer under the wheels of an F350 by maintaining that any problems with the part were the dealer's and nothing to do with Ford. The reason it is an American issue is that the Focus is assembled in Dearborn, USA. I have no idea where the tray was made. But it doesn't matter to me. It is still a Ford Dearborn. If Ford Canada had investigated my complaint, which they didn't, they would have confirmed that I actually had a problem.
The Full size spare tire is not identical to the 18" wheels. Its supposed to be a 16" steel wheel with a full sized tire on it, even though they put a temporary duty label on it.
suss6052 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #39
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103384
Location: Sechelt, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

Posts: 107
FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The Full size spare tire is not identical to the 18" wheels. Its supposed to be a 16" steel wheel with a full sized tire on it, even though they put a temporary duty label on it.
Here's a definition from the Tire Rack
"Full-Size Temporary Spares
Full-size temporary spare tires and wheels match the vehicle's original tire dimensions, but typically feature lighter-weight construction and a shallower tread depth to reduce vehicle weight to improve fuel economy and make the spare easier to install. While most of today's vehicles are originally equipped with alloy wheels, full-size temporary spares are typically mounted on steel wheels and should be used only as spares."

Comment: ".........match the vehicle's original tire dimensions.........."
This is in accordance with the common definition of the term 'full size'. Where a term or terms is used that is at variance with the common definition by law the revised definition must be provided. Where applicable, contracts, bylaws and other legal documents contain a section on Definitions that states words to the effect that "In this contract the following terms shall have special meaning". Words and definitions follow.

I still don't know what triggered the 'full size spare' that necessitated raising the cargo deck. I assume it was either the 18" wheels or the Sport Suspension. None of the options state "Comes with full size spare". In any case it would have been more accurate for Ford to specify exactly what options are associated with the full size spare.
Linchpin is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #40
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 13,291
Points 10,685, Level 68
Points: 10,685, Level: 68 Points: 10,685, Level: 68 Points: 10,685, Level: 68
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 30 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
Here's a definition from the Tire Rack
"Full-Size Temporary Spares
Full-size temporary spare tires and wheels match the vehicle's original tire dimensions, but typically feature lighter-weight construction and a shallower tread depth to reduce vehicle weight to improve fuel economy and make the spare easier to install. While most of today's vehicles are originally equipped with alloy wheels, full-size temporary spares are typically mounted on steel wheels and should be used only as spares."

Comment: ".........match the vehicle's original tire dimensions.........."
This is in accordance with the common definition of the term 'full size'. Where a term or terms is used that is at variance with the common definition by law the revised definition must be provided. Where applicable, contracts, bylaws and other legal documents contain a section on Definitions that states words to the effect that "In this contract the following terms shall have special meaning". Words and definitions follow.

I still don't know what triggered the 'full size spare' that necessitated raising the cargo deck. I assume it was either the 18" wheels or the Sport Suspension. None of the options state "Comes with full size spare". In any case it would have been more accurate for Ford to specify exactly what options are associated with the full size spare.

The 18" wheels and handling package necessitated the full size spare wheel. its exactly the same continental contiprocontact 215/55/r16 size as the standard SE wheels. Its on a full sized tire that is about an inch thicker/ taller into the cargo area necessitating the thicker foam spacer blocks and the higher load floor. I don't think it was modified in any way shape or form other than them putting a temporary duty label on it someplace, but its not exactly the T165/55/r16-17 that was used as a temporary spare. Those are usually MAXXIS tires or some other name I've never heard of.
suss6052 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac ATS Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum, Civic Type-R Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.





Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1