Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Splitters and headlight mods,,,

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  zolemite 
#1 · (Edited)
Just finished installing side splitters on my Focus and did some mods to a set of Ti headlights I got off egay.
The splitters are originally for a 2011 Roush Mustang. Took some measurements and a chance on them being the correct lenght or at least too long and it worked out just the right lenght. Had to modify how it went on, but so far it's holding on.
The headlights I took apart and night shaded the turnsignals and reflectors and painted the light flector edges to make it darker.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#9 ·
That looks really good. Is there a little gap at the back of the splitters between the splitter and rocker panel? How do you have them attached?

#10 ·
The wheels are Helos 845's from Tirerack. Got Kuhmos on them and it rides well. Wish I had gotten 19's instead of 18's. I got some more photos of the splitter and install I'll post later when I get home.
I baked the headlights at 280 for 13 minutes and they came apart pretty easy. believe it was pretty close to being too hot though. It was getting soft around the edges. Cleaning the old glue out was a pain, used a heat gun and screwdriver. Used 3M windshield glue to put it back together with.

#14 ·
I was cruising ebay looking for a set of side splitters that I could modify or buy. Stumbled across an ad for the Mustang side splitters from Roush for an 2011 mustang. They were $161. There is some modification involved to make them fit, but it just involved cutting some pieces off where it mounts to the Mustang side panels with a dremel tool and I riveted them to the Focus side panels. I thought it would be hard to get it aligned right, but there is an edge on the bottom of the Focus side panels that I aligned to and it came out okay the same on both sides.They are maybe an 1//8" too long. Not worth trimming and it's hard to tell. They are the same material as the stock side panels. With stood an 80mph jaunt down the highway so far,,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.