Just bought a used 2012 Focus Titanium - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply




 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103386
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

Posts: 190
FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I think it was more clearly just misrepresentation of information. We all wanted to get out of there after 5 hours...
So I tried to cancel the warranty and service plan and was told that I have to wait for it to nationally register before they can cancel it (Call back after the 10th). I was also told that my payments would remain the same, and that the loan term would only be reduced by a few months.

Another thing is that if I cancel it now, they informed me I would NOT be able to sign up for another extended warranty through ford. SO I guess pricing one out on the linked sites won't work?

To make things worse, it more sunny today and I can see the left side of the body is rippled and has some minor, long but somewhat flat dents in it. I noticed the paint looked like it was overbuffed on that side, and they gave me some money off the car for that, but I couldn't tell in the available light after the sun was going down the extent of the problem...

I guess I really got screwed this time, but I guess it is bound to happen to everyone sooner or later. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow morning.
Justintoxicated is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #22
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 13,269
Points 10,580, Level 68
Points: 10,580, Level: 68 Points: 10,580, Level: 68 Points: 10,580, Level: 68
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 45%
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%
FF Reputation: 29 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
So I tried to cancel the warranty and service plan and was told that I have to wait for it to nationally register before they can cancel it (Call back after the 10th). I was also told that my payments would remain the same, and that the loan term would only be reduced by a few months.

Another thing is that if I cancel it now, they informed me I would NOT be able to sign up for another extended warranty through ford. SO I guess pricing one out on the linked sites won't work?

To make things worse, it more sunny today and I can see the left side of the body is rippled and has some minor, long but somewhat flat dents in it. I noticed the paint looked like it was overbuffed on that side, and they gave me some money off the car for that, but I couldn't tell in the available light after the sun was going down the extent of the problem...

I guess I really got screwed this time, but I guess it is bound to happen to everyone sooner or later. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow morning.
There should be no reason why you can't get them to cancel the ESP contract and then buy one elsewhere for less. It just sounds like they are trying to use scare tactics to get you to keep the one they already billed you for.
suss6052 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #23
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103386
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

Posts: 190
FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
There should be no reason why you can't get them to cancel the ESP contract and then buy one elsewhere for less. It just sounds like they are trying to use scare tactics to get you to keep the one they already billed you for.
wouldn't it be illegal to straight up lie about it? I guess I should still cancel one way or another...even if it does not reduce my payments.
Justintoxicated is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #24
GO Green
 
DrkKnight614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Fan#: 14522
Location: Long Island, NY, United States
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Posts: 11,145
Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Posted via FF Mobile Did you buy this car intoxicated?
DrkKnight614 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #25
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103386
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

Posts: 190
FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Did you buy this car intoxicated?
Had this nick since college. But no of course I was not. Did you get an all black car because you are batman?
Justintoxicated is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #26
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,156
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I think it was more clearly just misrepresentation of information. We all wanted to get out of there after 5 hours...
There has to be a point when you just walk away though, if it just got worse. That isn't the only used FoFo out there that is a great car. (That's what we said to our dealer when she tried to topple us on my bro's edge, we were like "That's fine, we can find another, this isn't the onnnly one on US soil, haha!")
__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
Focus Enthusiast
 
Burns098356GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94777
Location: London, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

Posts: 275
Points 1,136, Level 18
Points: 1,136, Level: 18 Points: 1,136, Level: 18 Points: 1,136, Level: 18
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
Did you get an all black car because you are batman?
Yes.
Burns098356GX is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #28
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103386
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

Posts: 190
FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well besides the hit to the fuel economy, I'm enjoying the car. Sync is working well, and give me slightly better integration than the Head Unit I installed in my metro (voice command was through the phone before). I'm heading in on the weekend to see if there is anything they can do to what appears to be some body damage that was covered up, I'm guessing they won;t do anything though and I'm not really sure what to ask them to do about it? Any suggestions?

It's not noticeable at a glace, but I can see it from across the work parking lot now that I know it's there, probably mostly where the clearcoat was either overly buffed or redone. Up close you can see the metal is slightly wrinkly on the bottom 1/2 of the door, especially when parked in a spot with the white line reflecting onto the door.

No problems yet with DCT, but sure it is different than a regular auto like they sold it to me as.
Justintoxicated is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #29
Turböner
 
WiscoGTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Fan#: 70225
Location: Watertown, WI
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

Posts: 9,397
Points 166,991, Level 100
Points: 166,991, Level: 100 Points: 166,991, Level: 100 Points: 166,991, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 33 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Don't forget.. most of the time, people only come to the forums when they have a problem. Almost all of these 2012 people joined because they had some sort of problem.

Now think of all the other 2012 Focuses that have been sold, who's owners didn't join the forum because they never had a problem.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Treat her right, and she'll treat you right.
WiscoGTI is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #30
GO Green
 
DrkKnight614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Fan#: 14522
Location: Long Island, NY, United States
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Posts: 11,145
Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
Well besides the hit to the fuel economy, I'm enjoying the car. Sync is working well, and give me slightly better integration than the Head Unit I installed in my metro (voice command was through the phone before). I'm heading in on the weekend to see if there is anything they can do to what appears to be some body damage that was covered up, I'm guessing they won;t do anything though and I'm not really sure what to ask them to do about it? Any suggestions?

It's not noticeable at a glace, but I can see it from across the work parking lot now that I know it's there, probably mostly where the clearcoat was either overly buffed or redone. Up close you can see the metal is slightly wrinkly on the bottom 1/2 of the door, especially when parked in a spot with the white line reflecting onto the door.

No problems yet with DCT, but sure it is different than a regular auto like they sold it to me as.
Was the car in an accident?
__________________
My 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 - Finally realized it's a 4cyl
DrkKnight614 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac ATS Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum, Civic Type-R Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.





Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1