Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sync With Myford touch V 3.2 release coming soon

31K views 111 replies 42 participants last post by  FordIVTteam 
#1 ·
Well it looks like they are pushing it to the Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer and Flex first so the announcement isn't that helpful yet, they claimed to have resolved the following issues:

"Customers with the above referenced vehicles may experience the following concerns with their MyFord
Touch / MyLincoln Touch technology. The MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch Software Release v3.2 will address the following conditions and provide all previous performance upgrade enhancements:
*Missing radio preset text
*Radio stays on key off after opening the door
*Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed
*Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed"

The bad news is they say "NOTE: The 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape are not a part of this TSB notification. The new software is still
undergoing testing and available updates will be subject of a future announcement."

This is per TSB 12-9-1. So it should be available soon, I believe the software is already available to the dealers, but they aren't supposed to put it on a Focus or Escape yet, but if its the same software why the hell not?

See less See more
#2 ·
The bad news is they say "NOTE: The 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape are not a part of this TSB notification. The new software is still undergoing testing and available updates will be subject of a future announcement."

This is per TSB 12-9-1. So it should be available soon, I believe the software is already available to the dealers, but they aren't supposed to put it on a Focus or Escape yet, but if its the same software why the hell not?
Hmmm...that's a very good point! I don't understand why it wouldn't work on our vehicles either. [scratch]

On a side note, that sure is a short list of fixes.

#3 ·
From what I gather they say a cleanly formatted 2.0 GB flash drive is needed and its likely that the update is at least 700 MB afaik. So hopefully its more than just those things listed that get fixed.

#5 ·
Maybe it's not exactly the same. For example, I believe there are controls for the ambient lighting in certain versions of MFT (which don't apply to the Focus).

Is the current revsion level of MFT for the Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer and Flex similar to that of the Focus?

#6 ·
#7 ·
From the description given by our resident IVT member it seems that the software is supposed to be the exact same, but I guess that the module knows what its in charge of and then only displays those features? I can't confirm that this version works with our cars, this was only meant to be a heads up that its coming and that the software is already available for other MFT equipped vehicles so it should theoretically not take long before it was available to Focus owners with this hardware.

#20 ·
The jump in decimal point is considerable... would I pin hope on it? Probably not, but it's a possibility...

The file they linked to is over 700 MB, so if it was just a few bug fixes I don't think they would require you to essentially reinstall the entire system software for this would they?
Now there's proof. Windows 7, OS X, and other personal computer OSes have massive download sizes. For something as small as a self-contained touch unit, it's not going to be that big unless several functions were being upgraded...

Then again, if MFT is one program that branches off per car model, like a unified/universal driver, then one's hopes should go back down a notch...

#11 ·
The file they linked to is over 700 MB, so if it was just a few bug fixes I don't think they would require you to essentially reinstall the entire system software for this would they?

#13 ·
Why a thread that doesn't apply to the 2012 focus ???
Because its the exact same software and if its being released perhaps a few brave people could attempt to install it before the general release for the Focus.

That and it was meant to let people know that it should be available fairly soon.

#14 ·
My guess as to why it hasn't been released for those two vehicles is they have a different level of MFT than the other vehicles. The Escape and the Focus have the reduced MFT implementation (no dual LCD screens in front of the driver), so presumably they need to make adjustments for that.

#15 ·
Since that's not what was said by IVT with version 3.0.2 I doubt that this is the issue. They said the software the same in all vehicles that ran MFT regardless of features or other content.

Hi, Theman2b -

Software versions are uniform among vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch. Concerns vary depending on how the system is being utilized.

Wow, 2012silversel, a '12 Focus and a '13 Escape, I'm jealous! What's going on with your Escape? PM me some details and I'll look into it.

For those of you who haven't heard, our engineers are currently working on an update. I don't have an ETA for availability, but one thing I do know, the Outside Air Temperature Display is coming back! Future announcements will be made in our SYNC Owner forum, stay tuned:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=fordsyncmb&listMode=0

Jaclyn

#21 ·
Well if someone is willing to be a guinea pig and an Edge/Explorer/Flex etc. owner posts up the file online, someone can give it a shot. I'd rather not try it though, although according to the Ford IVT team its the same software so there should be no reason it doesn't work.

#27 ·
Just because they say the update doesn't apply doesn't mean that it wouldn't work. It might be a bit of a risk to install it before its officially released but since its essentially the same software in all the vehicles with MFT it should work just fine and might correct many of the issues, but you won't know if you don't try and install it.

Unless of course IVT was lying about it being the same, but afaik it appears to be the same in all of the Fords and Lincolns I sat in at the autoshow.

#28 · (Edited)
If anyone is a bit brave and willing to be the beta tester for the update it is available here http://www.syncmyride.com/syncmedia/swparts/Gen2v322build12156updatepackage.exe

The install procedure is the same as the previous update, clean formatted flash drive at least 2.0GB capacity, and the car needs to be run for approximately an hour while it installs.

Select "Save".
A "Save-As" pop up window will appear with a file named "Gen2v322build12156updatepackage.exe". Choose a folder on your computer to save the file temporally.

"Select "Save".
When the download complete pop up appears select "Open folder".
A file named "Gen2v322build12156updatepackage.exe" will be highlighted. Double click on the file.
A download warning may appear, if so, agree to continue by choosing "yes", "ok", or "run".
An extract pop up window will appear. The extract destination to the USB drive will need to be selected. To browse for the USB drive, select the "button with three dots" located to the right of the pop up.
Scroll down and select "computer".
Select the "USB drive/removable disk". USB drives previously provided for FSA 11A02 and 11A03 will be titled "SYNC".
Select "Extract".
Confirm USB drive contents. Select the USB drive located under My Computer. A folder named "SyncMyRide" and two files (autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.msa) will be present on the USB drive; it's now ready for the Vehicle Software Install procedure. "

#29 ·
GB, not gb. There's no such thing as gb. I would also be interested in seeing someone try this and reporting back. Specifically, if they notice any interface changes. If there are any differences, I wonder if it's a change on par with the interface changes between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 or the changes between Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. I also wonder if those brave enough to test this will have to unshackle the MFT's AI. If so, I reserve the right to blame them for plugging in the overlord. Can anyone confirm that the official installation procedure for this update doesn't include AI unshackling? That'd be a dealbreaker for me.

#30 ·
I would also be interested in seeing someone try this and reporting back. Specifically, if they notice any interface changes. If there are any differences, I wonder if it's a change on par with the interface changes between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 or the changes between Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. I also wonder if those brave enough to test this will have to unshackle the MFT's AI. If so, I reserve the right to blame them for plugging in the overlord. Can anyone confirm that the official installation procedure for this update doesn't include AI unshackling? That'd be a dealbreaker for me.

Say your car appears to have MFT, why don't you go and find out if this will work, it would either prove or disprove the theory perpetuated by our resident IVT member that the base software is all the same and that it would work without a hitch. If no one attempts it then it can't be proven true.

#32 ·
If its the same base program just reacting to what hardware is installed I doubt that it would corrupt something, and many people still have fairly large issues with v3.0.2 and might be served by taking that risk, well we really only need one person to find if it works. My car doesn't have mft or I'd have jumped on this already.

#34 ·
I'm willing to try this (just started the download)

Two questions though:

1. I have the extended warranty (yay for buying it online at 1/3 what the dealer wanted) will this void it?
2. If this messes up the system, is downgrading possible? (ie: can I put in the 3.02 update and downgrade to it?)

#35 ·
1. It shouldn't void any warranty after all it is ford software on ford hardware.

2. If it is truly compatible with our version of MFT hardware like our resident IVT contact said it was as linked to earlier it won't mess up the system. If its not compatible it should just refuse to install at all.

#38 ·
If the MFT update is anything like other software updates, it will do a check to see what is installed already and proceed to update the already installed files. If you have files it diesnt recognize, it will killtge update process before beginning and throw an error. Again, IF MS created this like virtually all software.

The size of the update merely reflects that is a cumulative update (ie, able to update all versions of MFT).

tl;dr -
If the update truly doesn't work on all cars, chances are it won't install.

#57 · (Edited)
Humm... any fixes to any of the glitches we've been finding since the v3 update? Promising that this is working, I never use the screen to control climate anyway so I may perform the update myself since the loss of climate controls won't matter to me.

EDIT: Downloading this now. Will upgrade once it's done. First thing for me is going to be checking the issues I know are 100% replicable to see what goes on with that.

#58 ·
Feta, if you haven't upgraded yet, run the the diagnostic mode before and after so you can see which software versions change.

Hold down the right seek button (to the right of the volume knob) and the CD eject button at the same time for a few seconds to enter diagnostic mode.

(I'm being a wimp and waiting for the official release)

#62 ·
Didn't catch this in time, but if you want to run the diag mode and show me what your results are I'll run it and give the post update results.

#65 ·
<Bump>
but does it disable navi?
Hi, georgegren & aperson9923 -

I just wanted to jump in and let you know none of our updates have ever disabled navigation.

Hope this update comes out officially soon: my '13 Ti has been held at the factory for a month for, as they said, "an update for the MyFord Touch." Part of me likes to think it's being held for a hardware update, but a software update is just as likely.
My counterpart Crystal can track your vehicle order, This1GoesTo8. Her username is: FordCustomerService. PM her your VIN and get the latest on your Ti!

Jaclyn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.