Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Yellow Blaze Production Numbers 2012

30K views 103 replies 33 participants last post by  late sleeper 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the production numbers for 2012 Focus, Fiesta and Mustang that were painted Yellow Blaze? I have read that only 590 Mustangs were painted YB, looking for numbers for Fiesta and Focus, all models. Also looking to purchase a color chart for 2012 Focus. Just adding information to my 2012 Yellow Blaze Focus SE Sport file. Thanks.

#4 ·
I don't have specific numbers except from my dealer back when I ordered mine in Frosted Glass. In the metro area here yellow blaze historically sold about 1%, where as Frosted Glass was nearly 6% From 12/05/12 - 3/26/12, it might have changed slightly and that's not nationally I know, but the trend is likely valid considering how they only sold these colors for 1 year its likely to be reasonable enough.

Sterling grey was at 21%, Tuxedo Black at 20%, Ingot Silver Metallic at 15%, at that time frame. Unless there was a dramatic reversal in the ordering trends at the end chances are there are only a few thousand or less that were painted in YB.

#6 ·
We have had ours for ~6 months and I have seen about 8 others running around the western burbs of Cleveland.
Just saw an SE sport hatch today with the painted alloys.

#7 ·
I have my twin around here, and sometimes will pass by and wave. There's a YB Ti sedan, and another SE with the painted version of my stock wheels, but the rest are hatches. There are only a few of those too.

#11 ·
I found one YB Ti hatch in a showroom in Victoria. I haven't seen a new one at a dealer in a while.

#14 ·
Focuses in general aren't real common but 3rd gens are still pretty rare but I have seen two different YB sedans and I've only seen a couple other versions of my twin in the 3 months I've owned it.

#20 ·
Well I got a response today..

My name is Mea and I am also from Ford's Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I received your email regarding your inquiry about the 2012 Ford Focus.

I understand you are inquiring about the production figure of a 2012 Ford Focus that is Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat in color. As much as I would like to promptly address your inquiry, I am sorry that such information is not readily available to the CRC. To ensure that your inquiry would be addressed in the most appropriate manner, I have made a research regarding this matter.

As per our resources, since 1946, Ford calculates its production figures solely by body style not by vehicle content options. There are far too many different vehicle content options that the customer may choose at time of original ordering, which is too numerous to calculate and to document on a year-to-year basis.

However, I can escalate your inquiry to our Research Department as they may be able to provide you with the production figure of a 2012 Ford Focus. Please note that production figures for 2002 and newer vehicles can be broken down only to certain options or colors, but not a combined count (e.g.. Red Exterior WITH 4.0L Engine).

So lets see how this plays out getting the info from the research department.. [cheers]

[loveff]

#21 ·
Please note that production figures for 2002 and newer vehicles can be broken down only to certain options or colors
That portion says it all, now we just wait until they dig up the numbers.[thumb]

#24 ·
Well I got a call from Joe (Ford Research Dept) in a voice-mail form as I was sleeping. But he left the following production figures for the Titanium 5-door only, as they must of looked via my contact info and not truly reading into my full email I sent. [confused]

But here are the production numbers given so far...

Total 2012 Focus: 378,244
Total Titanium 5-door: 22,117
Total Titanium 5-door w/ YB paint code: 880 <--- [thumb]

But I did send a follow-up email requesting the additional info on the SE / SEL models in the hatchback & SE / SEL / Titanium models in the sedan form.

So we'll see how that pans out.. [woot]

[loveff]

#30 ·
Well I was called with the numbers yesterday morning. But my daughter which is 6 months pregnant came down with Appendicitis and had to have surgery yesterday afternoon. So sorry for the delay..[?|][?|]

SkyPilot was so D*MN close on the total numbers...

The voicemail stated that a total of 4,123 YB Focuses were made in the 2012 model year..

5 door hatchbacks: 1,319 (880 were Titanium's as mentioned previously)
4 door sedans: 2,804

They couldn't break it down to SE,SEL & Titanium models per the voicemail. But it's funny how they did it for me. Maybe they did a search under my VIN?

So I hope this helps answer the rarity question of the YB Focus.. [thankyou]

[loveff]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.