Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Suspension/Chassis parts

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  ChalupaJones 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Aside from the sway bar and coilovers available, are there any other suspension components being made at the moment? Looking for pretty much anything here... Strut brace...anything.

#2 ·
There probably won't be a strut brace made for our Focus for a while if at all, since the Focus comes with one from the Factory (look under the cowling, its the black bar). Steeda has some springs, front sway bar end links, and a rear sway bar.

http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/focus-suspension.html

#3 ·
Rumor has it that Ford Racing has a suspension kit coming out soon, similar to what the have for the Fiesta. Haven't seen a strut brace, and have no idea where one would fit since the strut towers are directly below the wipers. I'm sure someone will develop something, though.

And if you want to pay the shipping, they have Bilsteins in Europe.

#4 ·
Not sure what good a strut tower brace replacement would do, there is already one mounted between the shock towers and underneath the plenum, unless you really want to see it, but it wouldn't be that visible unless you painted it a bright color.

#6 ·
Its cool. You already caught the modding bug and you don't even have it yet. LOL! [wrenchin] I have heard a few people on here that the Steeda rear sway bar makes a huge difference in the handling, so that may be the best bang for your buck.

#10 ·
What good would it do by comparison to the beefy brace installed on the 2013 models? The 2012 wasn't exactly weak either.

Most aftermarket suspension/ strut tower braces don't make that big of a difference on the handling, especially when there already is a piece tying the two towers together.

#20 ·
Good to know :) My best friend/roommate (bought our cars 9 days apart) has an early production 2012 and mine being a later production 2012. The only thing visually different is the head rests (mounting poles, whatever they're called lol) and the coil on plug connectors are different.

I'll take a look under the hood today or tomorrow and see which one he has for the brace. His car does handle very well but tough to say as he has more directional tires on now and I've only driven his a few times (SEL poss with sport package, mine being a loaded Ti but no Ti handling package).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.