Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Steeda Short Throw Shifter for 2012 Focus (Now Available) Pics inside

49K views 182 replies 40 participants last post by  ChalupaJones 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is great!

Here is a picture of the shifter installed

If you use it on the shorts throw you will need to do some trimming, not too bad though

To install the bracket you have to pop of the linkage here

And this is what it looks like with the bracket on

More pics are available apon request

#8 ·
I like the Steeda shift knob it goes great with the sts kit. Although I have gone back to the stock shift knob again

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

#11 ·
You will want it with the ms3 rmm... you should order one right now lol

But seriously you will love it!

#27 ·
Yeah the MS3 RMM is also definitely on the to-do list.

I meant to ask, they claim good shifter feel, but does it still maintain the solid, positive engagement of the stock shifter? A lot of short shifters I've driven have just felt too "off" (even the name brand stuff).

I'm always skeptical to a degree when people tell me they like a short-shifter because I know how picky I am haha! However, I only hear glowing reviews of the Steeda units so I'd be willing to give it a shot.

My only problem is that the code is expired so I guess no discount for me!

#14 ·
There was a piece of trim where the yellow line is that you have to cut out, and what you can see at the top is what needs to be trimmed away if you want to put the shifter on the shortest throw

#16 ·
I will order one and love it... But it will always be the red headed step child of my modifications because it came from Steeda... Steeda why did it take so long? I want to love it... But...

#28 ·
if anything it only enhances the engagement feeling overstock, you know when it goes into gear. And I have now fear of missing any gear with it at all.

#30 ·
Well if you were not 2000+ miles away Id let you drive it haha

Already let one local MK3 owner try and he loved it [thumb]

#31 ·
Yeah, trying before buying is always nice!

I think I'm going to have to be the guinea pig for a lot of things for guys in the St. Louis area. I've yet to see (or hear of) any other third gen Foci that are modified in any way around these parts.

Then again, mine doesn't currently look modified either (besides the turn-down being in the wrong spot) so there could be some out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.