Focus Fanatics Forum banner

PTS Remote start from OEM Fob

28K views 106 replies 27 participants last post by  travr6 
#1 ·
Well just wanted to let everyone know that I have installed a remote start in my Titanium with push to start that works off the factory key fob.

The installation does not require any additional keys or dealer scan tools. Although I do this for a living, I did install this (soldering all wires) in under 1 hour.

Here is the link to the hardware required to do it all.

http://www.idatalink.com/firmware/firmware/firmware_family_id/109/product_id/1/vehicle_make_id/12/vehicle_year_id/2012/vehicle_model_id/63/package_type/0/vehicle_id/8764

It is currently raining so this is what I have to show for now, I will try to make a better video showing all the install tomorrow if I have a chance.

#89 ·
I installed the module and all programming done, it works well with factory fob, starts the car by pressing and holding the lock button for 3 seconds, but it doesn't kill the engine by pressing the lck button again for 3 seconds, any idea why it doesn't work?

#92 ·
Hey just wanted to say thanks. I just ordered the box and cable from amazon and will be giving this a go once it arrives. Those videos (especially the wiring one) are going to be a lifesaver. Until I'd found this thread I was under the assumption that I would need another key fob to control the remote start. I really appreciate you taking the time to show us fools how to do this SaToX.

#94 ·
Did you just use a lighter to strip those wires inline? I'm trying to find the best way to do it. I'm a noob so using a craft knife on my practice wires has led to me cutting a few strands. The lighter seems to save everything.

#97 ·
I'm gonna miss the remote starter I have on my current car (that's for sale, awaiting the delivery of my Focus!) It's aftermarket, had it for years. Used it in hot or cold weather. In fact that's almost exclusively the only way I'd start my car. Even on a nice day I'd start it while walking up to it. Gives it a couple seconds extra to idle and get the oil flowing.

I'm a little concerned about potential warranty issues with aftermarket remote start, though. And the Ford remote start won't work with the manual transmission!

#99 ·
The Ford remote start won't work on a manual because they don't want the liability of someone remote starting the car and it potentially rolling away/ hitting something or some one, especially if it was left in gear with the hand brake off, it could potentially lurch forward or backwards before potentially stalling.

They make aftermarket starters for manuals, but you have to have the neutral safety switch and hand brake sensor wired up, as well as going through a complex procedure on shut down to make sure it's safe to remote start or they won't work, that is unless you go down the path of bypassing the safety features and creating further headaches down the line.

#101 ·
Well, I called the support line and they got me straightened out. Here's what you should know:
Flash by Vehicle.
Device type is RF Kit and Converter.
Installation Mode is Compustar RF Kit and the only device listed (DT-100 or something like that).
Firmware is RS-FM4.
Download the install guide provided on the final screen and use that for the wiring diagram and module programming routine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.