Focus Fanatics Forum banner

TSB 12B37 - New?

125K views 567 replies 136 participants last post by  ssn666hawkbill 
#1 ·
Etis shows a new outstanding field service action for my 2/12 build SEL and my wife's 9/11 build SE:

"12B37 - , AND THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE"

A search of FF turned up nothing for 12B37 and neither did a search of the web. I assume this is a new one as it wasn't showing on either vehicle the other day. It also doesn't show as a recall on the Ford Owners site.

Does anyone have any details on it?

Thanks

#5 ·
Interesting. FordEtis has mine listed for this FSA but the Ford Owner page does not... Taking it to the dealership for stuff tomorrow... I think i'll ask about this recall as well.

#8 ·
The joys of owning a first year car.......I was in on Monday, had the wiper recall done, now this. At least they sold the car with brake pads installed......( Chevrolet Sonic )

#13 ·
As far as I know, mine's running great as well, except for the urge to accelerate beyond the speed limit[eek]

#10 ·
I just checked the etis site and my VIN generated this:

12S29 - PASSENGER SIDE WIPER MOTOR ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR INSPECTION AND REPAIR
12M01 - RRANTY EXTENSION
12B37 - , AND THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE

What's the best way to address this with my dealer? Refer to this etis site? Would they know what I'm talking about? I was expecting a letter of some sort about the wiper motor, but I had no idea about the other two issues.

#17 ·
This FSA is listed under your VIN:

#23 ·
Okay. I forgot to even ask about this when i took my focus to the dealer this morning. Guy just called and said they applied a new recall to the "PCM and the ABS modules" his words. Leaving now to go get the car so i'll ask if he knows any more on exactly what it fixed.

#24 ·
Well, the service guys were both busy with people so I didn't get to ask exactly what they did. Here's what my service sheet says about it (Apparently it was also a TCM program):

#26 ·
The customer letter reads:

"You may experience rough or jerky automatic transmission shifts. In addition, the vehicle may experience rollback when the driver is transitioning from the brake pedal to the accelerator while on a slight incline. Ford has developed calibration improvements to the Powertrain Control Module, Transmission Control Module, and the Anti-Lock Brake module to address these concerns."

#27 ·
This sounds more like a DCT change than an ABS change though I guess there could be some involvement with the ABS system. Could this be the long awaited fix to the most glaring DCT problems of jerkiness and rollback?

Brian

#39 ·
Check my other posts in this topic... The dealer told me today that this recall was released yesterday and they did it today for me SO I would assume I am the only one out there that has had this done so far. Sadly, I will be doing driving tomorrow but not in my focus. Girlfriend needs the SUV. If I get a chance tomorrow i'll give it a go and see what's changed. If not, i'll update Sunday after I drive around for a little bit.

#41 ·
I just started noticing some weird shifting stuff today from 1st to 2nd at really low throttle positions. I thought the roll-back thing wasn't a big deal, but noticed it wouldn't do it on serious inclines, only slight.

I have faith it's in the trans calibration. Build date 10/10/2011. 500 miles on it. DCT SEL hatch.

#45 ·
I'm back, it took an hour to do.

The dealer pulled the bulletin and let me read it.

Here is the jest of what I read;

Intelligent Oil Timer is to be reset; I'm guessing this is to fix the premature indicator that you need oil changed or result of it not telling you.

TCM reflash to resolve jerkiness and rough shifting, resolve the roll back when transitioning from brake pedal to gas pedal.

ABS reflash did not specify why; I couldn't find anything in the bulletin about it.

I feel it made a big difference. My transmission is a lot smoother than it was and now it doesn't roll back on an incline as if I had a manual transmission. I like it. I just hope it stays this way because the jerkiness was annoying the piss out of me. I don't have any shudder, never did, so I can't comment if this will fix any shuddering you may be having.

#48 ·
Checked etis, it's listed with my car too. Hmmmm.

It still also lists that I need the MFT upgrade and warranty extension even though I did it myself through syncmyride and reported it over a month ago.

#49 ·
May have to check this out. Mine is a March 26th 2012 build, about 900 miles so far. Most of the Hard shifts are from 2nd to 3rd gear. Really hard jerk, the whole car shakes. Getting really pissed considering I would have though this later build would have been immune to this shifting.

I still think it has to do with the computer not adapting from highway driving right on to stop and go (that is when most of the hard shifts happen in D, S or manual mode). Maybe this lastest TSB is a fix?

How do I go about bringing this up to the dealer. Do I just walk in to the service and ask to update the software?

#53 ·
Om my Etis I have the same :

12S29 - PASSENGER SIDE WIPER MOTOR ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR INSPECTION AND REPAIR
12M01 - RRANTY EXTENSION

It shows the warranty extension even though I did upgrade my MFT and I reported on the site... Hmmm [confused]

#60 ·
Letters will be mailed out the week of May 21st.

Exactly one year after my car was built, they are resolving the things I have been complaining about and was being ignored about like I was the one that was crazy.

Let's see, updates for DPS6 SHUTTER, DPS6 ROLLBACK, ABS, TCM, WASHER FLUID LOW MESSAGE INOP, OIL CHANGE MESSAGE INOP, POWER STEERING DRIFT, FRONT SUSPENSION CREAK, REAR PARK AID STUCK ON MESSAGE CENTER, PASSENGER WIPER MOTOR.

I will say it again, after owning 20 Ford vehicles, this is the first one I wouldn't own out of warranty. I hope lessons have been learned from this experience.

#61 ·
...I will say it again, after owning 20 Ford vehicles, this is the first one I wouldn't own out of warranty. I hope lessons have been learned from this experience.
I do hope you learnt your lesson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.