4M views 20K replies 1K participants last post by  Urmike04 
#1 ·
Well guys lets see them, post up ur aftermarket:

intake pics
exhaust pics
rims/wheels pics
and anything else cool you have done.

#3,137 ·
I painted the shields yellow and since I was using my flash you can see them through the graphite shrouds. They normally look black like in the top pic but when you turn on the projector the light shines through causing the shrouds to glow like bottom pic

#3,138 ·
they normally look black like in the top pic but when you turn on the projector the light shines through causing the shrouds to glow like bottom pic
[80?] That's freaking awesome! And it would match my to-be yellow calipers.

#3,149 ·
@ felixdd
- sorry if this was asked before -
did you paint your body kit? That's the stock lips and skirts right? If so did you use plasti-dip or real paint? Also how much did it cost.
I was thinking about doing it because maybe it will be cheaper than a bodykit.
I was thinking about trying blue blaze plastidip on the front lip. But if I did that on the skirts and rear lip too I'm worried it will be overkill and/or "stick out like a sore thumb".

thanks

#3,154 ·
I know this has been asked a lot... but did you just mask the front end off and spray? did you have to put anything behind the grill to shield from overspray?
Also which method did you use to remove the fog bezals?

I want to plasti-dip my fog bezals with blue blaze. I was thinking of trying the same idea of the grill/s. Opinions/suggestions?

#3,158 ·
To lock or not to lock ... ?

Make sure the purchase the Thule locks
Now I'm confused.

(From "Post your MK3 Ford Focus (2012-Present) Pics!": http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4700460#post4700460)

... someone tried to steal my roof rack and left me 4 nice dents in my roof ...

They didn't steal my thule rack since i have the locks on it, but honestly it probably would be cheaper to replace the rack then to pay to fix all this damage if my dad didn't have a shop. Just food for thought for you guys with racks. The locks work but at the same time to blend my roof correctly my who quarter is getting re cleared as well.
At least if someone else in your neck of the woods suffers the same damage you did they know a good place to get it repaired correctly. Looks like yours came out pretty good.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4740888#post4740888

#3,159 ·
I've had a rack on multiple cars for years as I'm an avid cyclist. I've never had anyone try to remove my rack from my cars; I have however, had someone try to take my bikes.

To suggest that someone NOT lock their rack to the car is pretty ignorant and irresponsible. The likelihood that someone tries to remove said rack and stops because of said locks is infinitely higher than someone trying to remove it and not stopping because of the locks.

The criminals that went after theshrewz's rack were pretty dumb, all around. One example based upon millions is not a good example in which to start making dramatic recommendations.

Get locks. [thumb]

#3,161 ·
Who said that?

I've had a rack on multiple cars for years as I'm an avid cyclist. I've never had anyone try to remove my rack from my cars; I have however, had someone try to take my bikes.

To suggest that someone NOT lock their rack to the car is pretty ignorant and irresponsible. The likelihood that someone tries to remove said rack and stops because of said locks is infinitely higher than someone trying to remove it and not stopping because of the locks.
Can you quote such a suggestion? I only read theshrewz comment where he suggested that people consider the tradeoffs (cost to replace rack -- without a bicycle mounted in it -- vs cost to do body work) and decide for themselves. I have referred others to his comment. If you are calling someone in particular "pretty ignorant and irresponsible" you should be more specific.

The criminals that went after theshrewz's rack were pretty dumb all around.
That's what I was thinking when I saw the damage they did. But then, aren't most people who would go after a rack either pretty dumb, or at least unusually desperate?

One example based upon millions is not a good example in which to start making dramatic recommendations.

Get locks. [thumb]
Again, can you quote any "dramatic recommendations"? I'm also curious about your source for those statisitics.

#3,165 ·
Hello all. Shadowfax got some mods here some pix with my "new" original Iphone my grandma gave me! lol :) I'm going with a black/blue "theme"

I plasti-diped these smoke because they came chrome:

some blue cf... I had black on there before... not perfect yet... practice makes perfect I did use a hair dryer this time though and it helped.

Sorry about the old crusty license plate, lol...
got some window deflectors a while ago...

and the best for last.... Sportlines!!! (got RSB installed at same time) [8D]

I still have the stock wheels/tires on there... thinkin about some summer tires... also hope to get spacers soon .
tell me what ya'll think :)

#3,171 ·
some blue cf... I had black on there before... not perfect yet... practice makes perfect I did use a hair dryer this time though and it helped.

Sorry about the old crusty license plate, lol...
got some window deflectors a while ago...
Looks great, did you remove the steering wheel cover or put the vinyl on with the steering wheel on?

#3,191 ·
looks great mishka! I just got one of those key bezels myself, it actually fits really well if you can get past the engrish it is written in =P
Looks great, did you remove the steering wheel cover or put the vinyl on with the steering wheel on?
Thanks a lot! [:)]

I just put the vinyl over the steering wheel. I'm a noob so i've actually never tried really pulling off any pieces that have to go back. I did try moving the wheel up/down and in/out for better position. I think my mistake this time was that the bottom part of the trim on there is the hardest part, so i need to start from there, however, if I use a big square sheet again I think I should just vinyl the whole thing from the centers out as if I was doing the whole wheel, because otherwise the edges will wrinkle unless you cut the vinyl closer the shape you want so it's more flexible . then use a razor to cut out the parts you want left behind. its hard if you wanna cover up chrome or something because you have to angle the blade such that it will cover as much as possible. also the curves and wrap-arounds are the hardest parts. Also if you have a really steady hand you can just score the fiber (cut partially through it, not all the way through) and then pull if off. any in case its really hard but it beats paying $400+ for a dash kit that you don't even know what it will be like. I paid like $15 or $20 for this stuff from China. this stuff is very blue, I might try to find a more blue/black fiber next time.

#3,177 ·
Although the weather has been wet, my daughter and I decided to give the Focus a wash and wax.. Just wished we had a sunny day to take pics..

Next on the list of mods are new wheels, but for now will just keep the stock ones but may plastidip them black until I can decide on style. Lowering is to come, and believe it or not, I found a wing for the back that is low profile and I think will look good. But will get to that when it comes... I also found a front splitter that will give it a racy profile.. South Africa will begin its COTF series next year, and will be using the Focus Sedan as its body shell. So that's where I am getting my idea's from...