Focus Fanatics Forum banner

clear cover for MFT screen protection?

5K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  e30og 
#1 ·
My Droid has a clear, stick-on plastic cover that not only protects the screen from scratches, it also helps reduce those pesky, greasy finger prints. It does not appear to interfere with touch-screen sensitivity.

Has anyone seen a similar kind of cover for the MFT screen? Those greasy finger prints on my MFT display are disgusting. UGH.

#3 ·
Seems your only choice is the DayVue. When you click Help me Choose link below the "Choose Film" they show 2 options. Nu Shield AG Anti-glare and DayVue. What really sucks is it's the NuShield AG Antiglare is the one that hides fingerprints. The other one doesn't. I wonder why they won't let you choose the anti-glare one.

#6 ·
I emailed them and this is the response I got back

Brian,

We usually do not recommend antiglare film for outdoor applications. You can see why here: http://www.nushield.com/film_comparison.php

Antiglare films can darken when it gets very bright, while DayVue will not do that.

---
NuShield Customer Support

#8 ·
I have the dayview and it does cut down on the opacity of finger prints. They are still there, but don't reflect as much light as they did on the uncovered screen. The film is a bit glossy, but it doesn't reflect light the same annoying way the uncovered screen does. it makes it cleaner, clearer and more contrasy. With the uncovered screen, direct light would hit the bottom of the screen and it would be tough to read. It's not so bad anymore. I highly recommend this protector.

#10 ·
Just ordered one. Any input on how hard it is to install on the vertical surface? I know screen protectors have been troublesome on my iPad and iPhone in the past.

#11 ·
i had no problem with it. it has the standard front and backing to prevent you from getting prints or scratches during install, also you can peel it and replace as long as you don't bend it too much or touch the sticky surface.
I have had a lot of practice applying these things. I do them for all my friends and family, so I am pretty good at it. I recommend watching youtube for tips on applying these. Also i recommend using scotch tape on the front edges of the protector to make removable handles for better application and positioning. The bevel of the MFT doesn't allow your fingers to get close to the edges of the screen, so the tape handles will not only help with application, but with removing the front film once it is stuck on.

As always, apply one edge first, then slowly apply in a parallel motion across the screen while peeling the backing. squeegie bubbles out with a credit card, then remove the front film.

#19 ·
I might get some flak for this, but I saw somewhere in the past that the MFT display actually responds to a stylus. So, I bought a 3-pack of Nintendo DS stylus' (styli?) and I'll be darned, the screen responds to the input. Just like with your finger, you have to apply just a tiny bit of pressure at the tip of the pen to the screen and it will respond. But unlike your finger, it leaves no trace of the contact. I haven't had to wipe my screen in a month. I just have to grab the pen whenever I need to change screens. For everything else, I have Siri's retarded step-sister - Doris.

#21 ·
The NuShield does not require any additional pressure for the screen to detect touches. I thought when I first applied it that it actually enhanced the screen's touch detection. Whether a real or imagined improvement in sensitivity, it has served me well for over 6 months and shows no sign of wear whatsoever.

#22 ·
I know this is an old thread, but I got the nushield because of it and wanted to add my experience with it to help other folks out.

I decided to get a screen cover because I was getting direct sunlight on my screen that was washing it out and making it unusable during my commute home. So I ordered the nushield, and it's been working pretty well. It doesn't get rid of all of the glare, but enough to make the screen readable under direct light, so I'm happy with it. On the other hand, it still has a lot of fingerprints all over, but they never bothered me too much in the first place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.