Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Eyelids Carbon Fiber...First Thread w/pics

10K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  Bradl33 
#1 ·
Bought some vynil off ebay and went ahead and made some eyelids. Ill give advice if you want it, or measurments of my templete.

The Headlights with a emblem overlay and carbon fiber black out grill.

Close up on the headlight.

This is the tools i used. Started with tracing paper and laid it down to trace my idea. Cut out my templete on paper and used tape to make its more solid and not rip. Than i just keep laying it on the headlight and trimming what i didnt like. (i bought vynil 1 foot by 5 feet) 5 feet is way more than enough, and 1 foot wide is cutting it close but its managable.

See less See more
#2 ·
Props for something different, and doing a good job that you took time with. Something looks a little off with it if you ask me, which you didn't. There's something about that sort of hook you did at the bottom of the headlight. IMHO eyelids look best when they look as though they're an extension of the hood (or don't deviate too far from that concept). I like what you did though because I can't wait to cover up some of the headlights on mine. You succeeded in making it look a little mean.

Have any plans for the tail lights? Beyond nightshade, which seems like the best option, they're just a little disappointing compared to the design of the front.

#7 ·
Yea i haven't thought to much into the back. trying to do mods but not attract cops. As for the hook thing i was trying to go a little differnt and cover up alot of the chrome (trying to keep it dark, i do have to redo the driver grill overlay if you look close it shows just at the top) Thanks, opinions welcome

#6 ·
Yea i haven't thought to much into the back. trying to do mods but not attract cops. As for the hook thing i was trying to go a little differnt and cover up alot of the chrome (trying to keep it dark, i do have to redo the driver grill overlay if you look close it shows just at the top) Thanks, opinions welcome

#15 ·
You could probably scan the backing that you peeled the vinyl off of... if you haven't thrown it away yet? If you have, you could lay your trace paper down on what you've got, trace it and then clean up the lines after scanning it.

As for my opinion, I like it! Looks good. Wouldn't look right on a white one like mine though. Props

#31 ·
Im curious if anyone has tried or done their own ideas. If it didnt print let me know what i can do to try to help. I still have my original templete and i can take some time to make one on paper and i would even mail it to someone who is more computer design inclined than myself.

#36 ·
I can't say I'm into this type of thing, in my personal opinion eye lids don't look right on these. But sir I must give you a thumbs up for originality and quality. I must ask tho why carbon fiber vinyl? Most people do black vinyl or use plasti dip. Not that ether of those would look better, I'm just curious to what made you go for carbon fiber for eye lids :p.

#37 ·
Well the Carbon Fiber i wanted for the chrome next to the ford emblem. Because IMO it looks differnt haveing black trim and than another smaller black inlet thing.
The carbon fiber i choose is not the the new 3M Noc-3 (i think thats what it is) that has more of a grey black color where mine is more black ...less of a major color change for the car. I also intend to do some more with this vinyl.
Long story short i choose this because i havent dont plasti dip and im sure it would get chipped by the snow/ ice up here or rocks. and for black i just wanted a little texture.

Hope it helps[wiggle]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.