Focus Fanatics Forum banner

black out grill and emblem

48K views 145 replies 50 participants last post by  thejordan 
#1 ·
so I have a vinyl plotter for sticker making and thought i'd see how easily i could make strips to cover the chrome and emblem. Took all of 2 minutes to cut and install. I left a ring of chrome on the emblem for two reasons, 1 vinyl doesn't conform well to rounded surfaces so as it gets more to the edge it's going to wrinkle, and 2, it still looks OK because i have the chrome rings on the fog lights.

The gloss-black vinyl blends right in w/ the paint, looks like it's supposed to be that way.

See less See more
#7 ·
Looks good man. I understand the "Black-out" idea, but if I ever get a Focus I'm hoping they would have a Black Ford oval I could swap with the blue one then. It makes it look like a commercial where they have to black out of remove the manufacturer of the car that is in it when it is completely covered. I also am a crazy Ford guy, so I like to have the Ford emblem showing rather than covered up. I like the idea for sure though, good execution!

#12 ·
I like that myself, but I thought about getting a red/black overlay for mine, since I have the Race Red [:)]

#14 ·
Agreed. It needs the Oval visible.

#15 ·
I'm VERY interested in this. I de-badged the Focus and the model emblems, and I'd love to ideally have Ford logos with black backgrounds and silver or white "Ford" lettering, but would black the whole thing out (front and back logos, as well as wheel caps) if that isn't possible.

#16 ·
mine is a matte black circle with a reverse cut metallic graphite ford emblem]]. the matte black comes through as the ford logo

#24 ·
you would have to ask the op as i work for a business and this is considered copywrite infringement. we do do stuff for ourselves but are not allowed to go any further than that. if the op has his own personal cutter than im sure if you asked him nicely he would be able to help you all out.provided he had the vinyl for it

#25 ·
How is it copyright infringement for just doing the whiskers? they aren't copyrighted.... as for the Ford emblem thats different.

#31 ·
ok, so I made another quick sticker and threw it on. It's dark here and i used my phone. the top sticker is actually silver vinyl, not white so it looks better in RL. right now i have black, white, silver and blue vinyl.

I can make pretty much anything you can think up (including window stickers) however it's still a sticker (and in this case, a sticker on a sticker) so it's not going to look totally pro, at least up close.

i just threw this on quick, the # 22 is the Atomic Element number of Titanium.

I can get much more detailed than this as long as it's a smooth, two tone image (no gradients). I've made motorcycle decals for people, plenty of car stickers, reverse cutouts for glass engraving... fun stuff!

start throwing down some suggestions and/or ideas and as a group i'm sure we can come up with some cool stuff! I'm not sure of the protocol for selling on the site, i'm not a vendor but i dont want to get booted for selling in the forums.

#32 ·
Kinda off subject but how do ppl de-badge the emblems ? Id like to de-badge mine except for the Ford emblem on the grille. My focus is white so im not quite sure what scheme I want to go with yet. My future plans are to get black rims and dark tint so I was thinking the black emblem with the FORD being white ?

#33 ·

Can you replicate this Ford emblem and "whiskers" that CurrentlyAbsent created but can't reproduce due to copyright?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.