Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Coat Hooks

9K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  MHartfield 
#1 ·
I know this is a small complaint, but my jackets always fall off the hook. Hangers will just not stay on. I'll probably add a little rubber piece to the hanger and hope for a better grip, but it's really p!ssing me off!

[rant]

#3 ·
I picked up my dry cleaning this morning and couldn't fit all of it. I have as much as I can hanging on either side, but I have to go home, drop it off and then go back for the rest. I had "oh shit" handles in my Fusion (previous car) and they'd hold everything. Wish I had them in this.

#4 ·
@captainsubt3xt, so you just couldn't put them on the rear seats ? You had to do a second trip to have all of them ?!? I just hope the dry cleaner is not 50 miles away from your home.

#9 ·
A better hook

I like to hang more than a couple of things from the coat hook and you guys are right..... the stock hooks are garbage. I was going to try using hooks from other cars, but figured it'd be a project to make one on the mill. This thing did the trick and doesn't look half bad. Only made one as I only use the left side. I doubt NHTSA would approve as a rear passenger might get a head wound from it in a crash, but nobody sits there in this car anyway. [hihi]

#12 ·
I like to hang more than a couple of things from the coat hook and you guys are right..... the stock hooks are garbage. I was going to try using hooks from other cars, but figured it'd be a project to make one on the mill. This thing did the trick and doesn't look half bad. Only made one as I only use the left side. I doubt NHTSA would approve as a rear passenger might get a head wound from it in a crash, but nobody sits there in this car anyway. [hihi]

You made that ? That's pretty bad ass really > Good job !

#22 ·
Double Hook?

I agree with the complaint about the coat hook, but the other day, my five year-old grandson was in a booster in the back seat, and he told me to look at something. I turned around, and he had lowered an extra hook from the main coat hook somehow.

I've tried and tried, but I can't get the coat hook to do whatever it was he did.

Has anybody figured out how to make an extra hook drop from the bottom of the existing hook?

#23 ·
I agree with the complaint about the coat hook, but the other day, my five year-old grandson was in a booster in the back seat, and he told me to look at something. I turned around, and he had lowered an extra hook from the main coat hook somehow.

I've tried and tried, but I can't get the coat hook to do whatever it was he did.

Has anybody figured out how to make an extra hook drop from the bottom of the existing hook?
Hi ThrillerAuthor,

I want to look into this further. Could you please PM me some photos of your coat hooks?

Meagan

#28 ·
Sorry about the delay on this. Here's what I my Subject Matter Expert told me.

"That part in the middle is a plug basically that covers the screw that holds it into place. It can be popped open, but its only intended for access to the screw head to remove it for repairs not to be a 2nd hook."

Meagan

#34 ·
My solution was just to order one of these from Amazon.

How is this working out for you? I seen these on Amazon and thought they might work but haven't dropped the hammer yet to buy one. I bought a clothes hanger bar but when I got it installed, there was no room above the bar to hang anything. It was snug against the headliner. Thought about buying one with the metal dropdown "clips" to see if that helped but one reviewer on Amazon with a Focus said it really wasn't much better. One good turn, and it would fall off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.