Focus Fanatics Forum banner

post your sonic blue!

25K views 86 replies 55 participants last post by  The Highlander 
#1 ·
noticed sonic blue is not included in the "Official 2012+ Colors thread" so please post them if you got them! [popcorn]

#5 ·
Gotcha...my salesman mentioned something about paint availability...Lets see the sonic blues!

MODS, can we add this thread as a link in the "official colors" sticky?

#13 ·
Only a little while left for it on the Mustang and then Kona is gone completely.
The Focus will not regain Kona blue in it's colour pallet. [;)]

So did the Kona blue. It looked too much in the purple range for me, I like the sonic though, more toward the green spectrum...
I find the Sonic blue still tends to get purplish under certain lighting.

It's still a nice colour.

#9 ·

Here is my Sonic SE, shortly after delivery 8/26/2011.

This car was ordered right at the time of the Kona Blue changeover to Sonic.
In all honesty it took a while to acclimate to the color. Sonic Blue seems to give off different hues depending on the lighting, but overall I like it

#15 ·
an intriging color none the less! My wife decided it was a little too purple, but my blue candy can appear a little too green for me. Grabber blue from the mustang would be nice on the focus.

Great looking cars guys!

#23 ·
I totally agree on the Grabber Blue statement. That would look amazing! Especially on the ST I bet... That being said though, of the current offerings I prefer the new Sonic Blue to all the others and would likely have gotten it had it been available back when I decided to get my Tuxedo Black SE Sport.
[8D]

#19 ·
I see you're from Northern Michigan, and by the direction indicator on the instrument display it shows Union St, I don't suppose you're in Traverse City, or at least were when that photo was taken? Nice to see another Northern Michigan fellow around here, even if I'm not there anymore myself. Love the color too, its what the gf and I plan on ordering soon. But in SE quise with a 5 spd.

#26 ·
Got it added to the color thread sticky.

#32 ·
I had a hard choice as the dealer had 4 identically equipped SE's in different colors. But the Sonic Blue was just to nice to pass up. [headbang]
Yes, that's a great color. I noticed the pinstripe. Is that something you added?

#38 ·
I'm just really bummed guys. I just hit 1000k miles on my Sonic Blue, but my cell phone with a 5 mp camera just broke going down a slide with my 1 y/o daughter. I did the debadge and put black vinyl over the chrome strips at the front bottom line of the hood, and to give my car a treat for her first k, I waxed her up in the garage at night and went on a bit of a cruise on the freeway. I wish I could've had that pic from this last weekend. Instead, here's the car the night that I came home with it. I couldn't be enjoying too many new cars like this. I've driven a few, but this car is as fun as it is cool to look at. I can't wait to have money to put into some projects.

Just home after the dealership in February.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.