Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sterling Grey Photos!

282K views 1K replies 241 participants last post by  Slo86GT 
#1 ·
Well, might as well pop this one up too.

Post away!

#903 ·
Thanks a lot for the kind words. The windows are 20% all around and the top of the windshield. It cost me $200 from a guy who came to me. He does it outta his truck. I debated between 20% and 35%, but I'm happy with the 20. I haven't had any visibility frustration at night. But I've got a lot of street lights around here. Perhaps out in the sticks 35% might work better.

The tail lights are awesome. I love the LEDs and although they were close to $300 I still think it was worth it. The giant, red, stock lights stood out too much for me, and were my least favorite part about the car's design.

As for my wheel covers. I taped off the outter edge then plastidiped em and did a regular clearcoat overtop to give it the gloss finish.

#910 ·
dang i wish i was in on that. they're the style i wanted!

#914 ·
Oh, I am supposed to have a plate in the front... Texas. :-\

I have it tucked under the cargo cover in the back, and if (when) I get some official attention, I'll tell them I was in a front end collision and I'm still waiting on the replacement tag. BRILLIANT! :)

#916 ·
Hey guys... I don't follow on here a lot, just the occasional lurker. Recently I have decided that I want to lower my 14 hatch. I'm thinking 1.5" max. I have the 17" factory wheels in solid gray. I have been reading about the options for lowering the car and possibly putting spacers behind the wheels too. In addition I love the 18" 5 spoke wheels that come on the Ti option. Does anyone know of an owner or seen a picture of a our color with the Ti wheels and lowered. Trying to get an idea in my head.
Thanks!

#921 ·
Busy Weekend

Painted Yellow Calipers - VHT Bright Yellow

Yellow Lamin-x Fog Film:

goes nice with the calipers :)

Cleaned up my Rokblokz Mudflaps:

Dipped my Engine & Battery Cover:

Graphite Metaliizer Dip on a grey base and a black base. None are a match to SGM, maybe with the metalizer on black is closer to when SGM looks darker. Its a nice contrast though

Also performed the TSB for the wiring harness protection.
+ FSwerks Rear Strut Bar

was a fun weekend [wrenchin][wrenchin][wrenchin][wrenchin][wrenchin]

#923 ·
Painted Yellow Calipers - VHT Bright Yellow

Graphite Metaliizer Dip on a grey base and a black base. None are a match to SGM, maybe with the metalizer on black is closer to when SGM looks darker. Its a nice contrast though

Also performed the TSB for the wiring harness protection.
+ FSwerks Rear Strut Bar

was a fun weekend [wrenchin][wrenchin][wrenchin][wrenchin][wrenchin]
Those yellow calipers look like a close match in color to the NY plate. Coincidence? [;)] Looks great![like]

#928 ·
Thanks man. Ya its a tough choice. Decisions decisions. Lol I can't believe I just found d this thread a couple of days ago haha.

#931 ·
This is a picture Ray (StingRay) took at the car show that he, Jose (papaacer) and I went to. Fun time and good guys! Ray took a lot of great shots!

Attachments

#936 ·
The ST spoiler made a lot bigger of a difference than I expected. The car went from an econo-box to a hot hatch. Especially after I got the color right. I bought the color matched one on ebay for $150 shipped. But the guys in China got it wrong.

If I could do it again I would have bought the primer one for about $100 then two cans of Rustolium flexidip that closely matches SMG.

#938 ·
do you have a close up picture of the color difference/matching?

Check this out, JSKRACING.COM
ooo, looks so nice. no idea how to purchase it though....looking at their hoods.....are the scoops and vents not functional since they are not cut out?

#944 ·
Stormy Desert Weather! :)

Attachments

#946 ·
living where you do, i wish you had rally flaps and a huge spoiler lol

...just watched a marathon of Ken Block videos haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.