Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sterling Grey Photos!

282K views 1K replies 241 participants last post by  Slo86GT 
#1 ·
Well, might as well pop this one up too.

Post away!

#870 ·
oh lol. I guess i've just never seen it from that angle

how much did you pay to get everything painted?

#875 · (Edited)
Haha um I'm on my phone right now so it's hard to find links. The details are in my build thread (link in my signature).
Both are from Ebay.
Tail lights (200-300$)
Headlights (pricey :(( 650-700?) they include hids tho.
Tail lights sold by us vendor. Headlights from Taiwan. Ultimately both were probably made in Asia, no brand as far as I know.

They're probably a couple of threads on different style lights too.

---
Oops, I guess signature isn't attached via phone.
Build thread w/ lights: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/...oom/507802-sgm-ti-mk3-pancakes-first-car.html
I don't see my exact headlights on ebay, but I'm sure you can find them with some searching or on Aliexpress....
2012-2014 Year Focus 3 LED Headlights | eBay

Headlights: 2012-2014 Year Focus 3 LED Headlights D2H 5000K Bi Xenon Projector Lens
Price: US $693.49
Vendor: Sunnyhid

Taillights: Euro Red Black Crystal Lens LED Tail Lights Brake Lamp Fit 12-13 Ford Focus ST
Price: US $239.95
Vendor: racing_guys
^ comes in either, red, smoked, or clear/black, I have the clear/black

#877 ·

10 months in.

DONE:
- snorkel delete
- K&N Drop-in
- ST Air Inlet
- FSWerks Engine Mount
- PlastiDip front end blackout
- rear mudflaps
- AnarchyMotive mammoth knob in gunmetal

TO DO:
- coil overs
- black headlight casings
- PlastiDip my wheels
- tint
- im sure theres more...

Anything I'm missing on the list? Suggestions are very much welcomed.

#882 ·
Moar wing.

- im sure theres more...

Anything I'm missing on the list? Suggestions are very much welcomed.
IMO a bigger spoiler does more for the looks of a hatchback than anything else I can think of.

Except maybe wheels. Both together really do the trick, especially with the lower panels painted to match the body. The matching paint is more noticeable with a lighter color like silver, but might still look good with SGM. (If I were more ambitious I'd try it out on my own. But I'm not.)

Woops -- two of the photos in the post for that first link are gone now. Pennut also did a good job of showing the difference between the 3dCarbon and Zetec spoilers in another thread.

#885 ·
the grey wheels look good on the SGM. I was considering grey on grey, but ultimately went with black. hmmm

loloolol i was going to say it didn't look lower in the first pic.
looks good!
^ you posted the after pic while i was typing :p

#890 ·
thanks!

Anyone try and do some Plastidip Color matching?

Thinking something with Anthrite Gray , Silver Metallic, and/or Graphite Pearl Metalizer.

I saw someone do it to their F-150, and it seemed to match fairly well. Might do the bottom skirts with Dip.

#897 ·
I like this color. It has a very Germanic vibe to it. This summer when its 100+ degrees in my tuxedo black with black interior, I may wish I got this one.
Maybe so, but in the fall when it's washed and waxed and the temps come down you'll remember why you got black instead of gray. Especially the sparkly Tuxedo Black.

#898 ·
Opps, wrong color.
CORRECTION: "wrong thread"

IMO, Ingot Silver is the right color. [thumb]

I love my SGM, but Ingot Silver was my first choice. It was really hard to find a new '14 Sedan with a manual transmission in any color, especially with the SE Sport Package. All three in a 100 mile radius were SGM, so I was happy to get it in my second choice color, and now I've gotten to like it a lot.

#902 ·
Ben, what level is that window tinting? I am getting mine tinted on Friday and still trying to figure out what level to use.

I really like the tail lights, I'd like to switch mine too but that seems like a big expense.

The wheels are great too, it looks like you have just painted the caps, is that correct? is it a matte color or gloss?

So to summarize... Great Looking car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.