Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tuxedo Black pictures

173K views 633 replies 212 participants last post by  Xsteveo93x 
#1 · (Edited)
#505 · (Edited)
I curious as to why some Focus's have black headlight frames (not sure how to call it, but the interior housing of the light assembly) and others are chrome (or plastic made to look like Chrome)?

Is it a year thing or model color/trim package thing? Looking at the other threads of colors, seems people are always wanting to change these out to black ones, but on some of our Black/Tuxedo models the headlights are already black...but some Chrome. What up with that?

My car has the black ones. Like post 493 verses 496

#506 ·
It's a trim package thing. 2012-2014 Focus Titanium, 2013-2014 Focus SE black package, and 2013-2014 Focus ST1-2 have the black housings.

All other 2012-2014 Focus S,SE, SEL models have the aluminum housings.

The ST3 has the black housing HID headlamps, the Focus Electric ones are aluminum.

#514 ·
I love my tuxedo black and it is the first black car I've owned....but man...they get dirty fast. I wish I still lived in LA where I could wash my car every couple weeks, but here in Montreal...it needs to almost be a daily thing to keep it looking good. Oh well...like stated, when they are clean....they look GOOD!

#515 ·
... I wish I still lived in LA where I could wash my car every couple weeks, ...
Except, with this darn drought going into it's fifth year of record low rainfall amounts, I've been going months between full car washes (by hand, of course).

One more year like this without everyone cutting their water use back by at least 30% and we will be out of water, even to drink. Glad I got a gray car this time, but it still hurts to see it so dirty so much of the time. If I had gotten a black one instead it would be even harder to live with. Glad I can come here to see pictures of clean ones.

#516 ·
Yeah...maybe Cali should ban black cars?!

When I was there....10 years ago or so, Mulholland Drive was completely covered in mud due to heavy rains/flooding....a few of those cliff houses came down as well. It even snowed later that year (maybe 1/32") and caused a complete shutdown of the 405. As one from Michigan, I was laughing (about the snow)!

#517 ·
Yep. One extreme to the other with the rain out here.

Please don't even joke about banning black cars, though. I'm sure someone in this super-nanny state is actually considering such silliness. I'd rather see them dirty than made illegal. Before you know it we will all be required to drive around in a pale blue or green Nissan Leaf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.