2012 HID Thread (Info Only No Arguing) - Page 18 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply




 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #171
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99007
Location: Sarasota, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus Titanium

Posts: 13
FF Reputation: 1 bobtech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My guy had them. just cheapos.

Uploaded by my skyrocket!
bobtech is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #172
Focus Enthusiast
 
TitaniumGero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88508
Location: Whitehorse, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

Posts: 368
FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtech View Post
Yes they are...here's the night shot for you!



Uploaded by my skyrocket!
Thinking to do those now lol. Did you hook them up to your drl?
__________________
2012 Titanium - White Platinum Metallic - Fully Loaded (Except Leather)
TitaniumGero is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #173
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99007
Location: Sarasota, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus Titanium

Posts: 13
FF Reputation: 1 bobtech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Did I hook them up to my what?
bobtech is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #174
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 4,061
Points 3,191, Level 34
Points: 3,191, Level: 34 Points: 3,191, Level: 34 Points: 3,191, Level: 34
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 15 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtech View Post
Did I hook them up to my what?
I think he/she is asking if you used a relay and had the dealer activate daytime running lights (DRLs) or if you just spliced your fog lights or something. Looks good! I think I might either do what you did here or this:



I actually really want to do an LED strip on the inside of the light that follows the “dragon eye” shape of the headlight. I think that shape is really cool and I’d like to accentuate it better.
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #175
Focus Enthusiast
 
TitaniumGero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88508
Location: Whitehorse, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

Posts: 368
FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtech View Post
Did I hook them up to my what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I think he/she is asking if you used a relay and had the dealer activate daytime running lights (DRLs) or if you just spliced your fog lights or something. Looks good! I think I might either do what you did here or this
He :)

Pretty much what PratoN said. Do they come on with your DRL or low beams or fogs or what?
__________________
2012 Titanium - White Platinum Metallic - Fully Loaded (Except Leather)
TitaniumGero is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #176
Focus Enthusiast
 
Joey D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86391
Location: Caledonia, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

Posts: 537
FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Finally got my HID's hooked up! It's the 35w 6000K kit from Retro Solutions. Everything worked great with no bulb out error or flickering.

They work really well, although I still need to finesse the alignment some more to make they a little better but it's not that bad for right now.





Joey D is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #177
Focus Enthusiast
 
Bwill9886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93444
Location: Collinsville, IL
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

Posts: 455
FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20SEL12 View Post
I bought these:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=238

the company said that was all that was needed, however I am getting the dipped beam error and no lights
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
because you didnt get anything that was needed and stated in my first post.
So I'll ask this, because to me it seems unclear, but then again I've yet to mess with HID kits on newer cars that need these.

That standalone can-bus harness, if the description is correct, would appear to do the same job as the resistor harness from retro-solutions. Look about the same, minus the ground wire and different resistor design.

Why is it not correct? Obviously 20SEL12 had trouble with them, but then again people seem be having trouble hooking these up correctly.
Bwill9886 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #178
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91577
Location: Chester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL

Posts: 12
FF Reputation: 1 20SEL12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwill9886 View Post
So I'll ask this, because to me it seems unclear, but then again I've yet to mess with HID kits on newer cars that need these.

That standalone can-bus harness, if the description is correct, would appear to do the same job as the resistor harness from retro-solutions. Look about the same, minus the ground wire and different resistor design.

Why is it not correct? Obviously 20SEL12 had trouble with them, but then again people seem be having trouble hooking these up correctly.
I work on cars all day as my job, and I modify as a hobby for about 10 years now. I never had as much trouble with HID's as I have with this car. I gave up on it because for me its not worth the hassle. I would love for someone to design a kit that had all relays and resistors built in so it is truly a simple plug and play. I'd be willing to pay the extra money for the ease of mind
20SEL12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #179
Focus Enthusiast
 
Bwill9886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93444
Location: Collinsville, IL
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

Posts: 455
FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20SEL12 View Post
I work on cars all day as my job, and I modify as a hobby for about 10 years now. I never had as much trouble with HID's as I have with this car. I gave up on it because for me its not worth the hassle. I would love for someone to design a kit that had all relays and resistors built in so it is truly a simple plug and play. I'd be willing to pay the extra money for the ease of mind
I hear you, and I wasn't at all trying to say you didn't know what you were doing (just looked back at how I phrased my post and realized it probably came off that way. That wasn't my intent at all!).

You've most likely work on cars more than me, so I believe you when you say it's been a huge pain!

Really wish you could turn off the nanny computer. I can see when I have a headlight out and don't need another part that can go wrong at some point.

Anyway, I guess whenever I decide what to do as far as projectors go I'll figure out the HID situation as well.
Bwill9886 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #180
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91577
Location: Chester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL

Posts: 12
FF Reputation: 1 20SEL12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwill9886 View Post
I hear you, and I wasn't at all trying to say you didn't know what you were doing (just looked back at how I phrased my post and realized it probably came off that way. That wasn't my intent at all!).

You've most likely work on cars more than me, so I believe you when you say it's been a huge pain!

Really wish you could turn off the nanny computer. I can see when I have a headlight out and don't need another part that can go wrong at some point.

Anyway, I guess whenever I decide what to do as far as projectors go I'll figure out the HID situation as well.
No worries, I didnt take offense to the comment. I was just stating that I'm not beginner when it comes to these, so I'm not surprised that others are having issues
20SEL12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac ATS Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum, Civic Type-R Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.





Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1