Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Third gen bordumb chat

73K views 505 replies 92 participants last post by  Opee33 
#1 ·
Here is a thread to talk about what ever you want (scratches, dings, age.) Or just to BS. I figured every other area has one why not you guys so here you go.

#7 ·
O------k------ That was interesting...... not quite my cup of tea but not too bad either. some sections were good, others were a bit , rough , thanks for sharing and don't take this as negative, I really enjoy eclectic music including this type.! You should see my collection, it is a real hodge podge of different styles and tastes![wiggle][drummer]

#35 ·
^^ Funny you say that ... w/ my new FoFo I'm enjoying the Sony sound system and, for the first time ever, Sirius. My favorite new station / genre / whatever is Electric Area. Skrillex & Nero remix, Deadmau5, etc... wow! Artists and talent come in so many shapes, sizes and styles.

[cheers]

#13 ·
I am just mad because I now have to drive 100 miles to buy the car I want because my PITA salesman refused to trade and had no sympathy for the many hours I spent at his dealership trying to buy that car and he had no means of getting. It was almost bait and switch. He tried to sell me up every chance he go before he told me that he could not get that car. Ok well, hope this try goes well!

#22 ·
My experience was similar, though not as annoying.
First place I went, the 'salesman' was like not interested in even talking to me, so I go to a second place.
There he was interested, and we spent a long time talking.. it started getting stuck on price.. Without him really confirming that he could actually GET the car he found so i would be able to even get it. (he would not tell me where it was.. just seemed he was trying to get a buy confirmation before he would even see if he could really get the car.
Finally I just said i am tired of going nowhere, and walked out.
Next day I did some internet searching and found the car 60 miles away in some little farm town.
Funny the salesman was available online right when i was looking at the car on thier website. So I chatted with him, we arranged a look-see that afternoon.
I drove there and in a few hours i had my new Focus.
I really did not dicker with him as I was driving 60 miles to look for that exact car. So I just asked and got the 'internet' discount. ($830) And also saved the $600 local 'fee' the metro area dealers were tacking on.
That salesman said they would have not been willing to trade it away anyway.

Amazing that a Metro area with 1.5 million population and eight Ford dealers.. doesn't have a single car i would have bought (no manual tranny at all except two 'S' stripped down jobs in silver/black), but some rural town in the middle of nowhere has the perfect car.
Bright yellow metallic with manual tranny and 17" wheels.. Jeez.

#14 ·
I went to try to order one the other day, fully loaded minus a couple options. I was determined to pay 400 over invoice, making it 25,900. The salesperson didn't go for it, I walked out, and I'll buy it somewhere else. He wanted me to pay 26,100 and I didn't feel like he deserved 600 dollars over invoice for ordering me a car and doing almost no work. Hell, I didn't even test drive.

#16 ·
Yeah thats bullshit. Talk to an internet sales guy and they'll do it for invoice most of the time. selling 100 cars at invoice spending 30 minutes with a customer is better than selling 20 cars spending 5 hours with a customer

#21 ·
Anyone here jam? I play lead guitar and have been in a few bands over the years. Currently I jam with my 4 year old son who plays drums. He has a Yamaha electric kit (5 piece w/two cymbals) powered by Yamaha drum amps. I mostly play my Yamaha 6 string electric but have an Ibanez electric and Fender acoustic. We have a PA system with two mics and some keys in our studio which is the entire loft in our house. We do a pretty heavy version of itsy bitsy spider.

#24 ·
My husband and I used to be in a band - really we were the band he played guitar and sand I played bass and sometimes sang. We went through drummers like the Spinal Tap movie jokes about. We recorded a couple CDs and played live shows for 7 years. Now we have too many other things going on in our lives and have lost interest in playing music, it wasn't going anywhere for us and we don't find the time to jam. Maybe I'll pick up my bass again some day.

Thank you for raising a drummer, they are always in short supply, I suspect because few parents are willing to let their kids practice!

#23 ·
While you're driving and enjoying your new Focus. Listen to the Mysterious Universe podcasts. Two guys from Australia talking about UFOs, ghosts, curses, hauntings, etc. It's fun and at time hilarious. "as I was travelling out of my body and laying beside another woman, she woke up which caused me to lose my projection" [rofl]

#27 ·
I have one of those large california dusters that I have been using to clean off the road grime every day when I get home. I just leave it in my garage and it takes all of 30 seconds to go over the car. Usually at least the rear bumper has some dust on it. I have a smaller california duster for the interior and a lint roller. I've also just been giving my floor mats a shake after I drive around.

I know. I'm crazy.

#29 ·
just filled up with 89 today... used to use 87... holy crap what a difference. i thought my dct shifted smoother when i broke it in, now i can hardly feel it shift. the whole car just seems to run smoother.

goin on a trip soon to visit my folks for christmas, will see what the gas mileage is when i take the trip.

#30 ·
The more posts like that I see, the more tempted I am to try it...

Tried 88, can't really say if I saw a difference at all or not.

#33 ·
I wash w/ meguiers wash and a microfibre mitt... when i wax lately i've been using meguiers nxt nano wax which i find lasts a long time and is easy to use.
After washing i also use meguiers (can u tell i like their products?) ultimate detailer w/microfibre cloth... it imparts a really nice deep shine (even on white cars) and helps to make the surface slippery so dust and such doesn't stick so easily. I also use california dusters when necessary.

#37 ·
Really starting to realize just how involved I was when I had a clutch. Getting off the interstate, I go to downshift and am left with just letting the engine drone down. After reading all the C/D articles about the great tranny the manual is, I can't wait to get my foot back to working order so I can get one.

#43 ·
As long as we are all bored, ill post up a great vid... always loved the Swedes lmao
Im loving my 2012 FoFo, 5 speed SE sedan, runs great, Ill have to try the higher octane, to see what happens.

http://youtu.be/IwGdHAHg0ig

#46 ·
Kinda cool and interesting. but I dunno if I would do it. lmao. [goofydrunk]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.