Votes: 61 22.9%
  • 27-32

Votes: 42 15.8%
  • 33+

Votes: 136 51.1%

2012 Owners What's your age?

31K views 215 replies 169 participants last post by  1Focus 
#1 ·
Here is a fun tool to see the age spectrum of the 3rd Generation crowd.

Magazines and online reviews tend to "guess" what age group a certain car will appeal to. Let's see the actual info rather than a guess.

#12 ·
41 and counting :D

#24 ·
Bias in poll? [poke]
I am 62 and IMO the fact the poll cuts off at 33 plus is the work of a VERY young person.. (IE: life as we know it ends after 33 years old.)
When I was young i NEVER thought i would live past age 30.
Suprise here I am over 60.. Who would have thought..
So i did not vote in the poll. [boxface]
Trust me there is a REALLY BIG DIFFERENCE between 33, 43, 53 and 63 years old. [rant]

At 33 most still think like 20somethings anyway..
By 43 reality has set in.. a few minor physical issues start
At 53 you know you are mortal..Your kids are having kids.. One last fling at life happens
Then once in 60's ..Well it was good. I can float on what i did (or not)
Ain't life grand.. LOOK at those silly kids.. (the 30 year olds...) [driving]

#30 ·
Most of you are way to young to be driving a family care like a Focus. Get a real sports car. WRX or STI. WTH? I would have never considered a Focus in my 20s or 30s.
Are you going to pay my gas and insurance?no? Didn't think so lol [:)] [:D]

plus with a only 3 dealerships in my town it was a choice between a Chevy cruise, an Pontiac vibe GT or a focus.

#29 ·
23 here. Probably one of the youngest here (and I bought it myself). I'm a pretty well versed auto enthusiast; I've autocrossed, been to motorsports events, and work in the car industry. However, I have good reasons for not owning a sports car as a daily driver.

A) Price was right
B) Fuel economy matters
C) The car looks pretty damn sharp, handles well enough in stock form, and has plenty of power for my everyday needs.

I'll own a sports car when I am financially comfortable enough to afford a second car and my own garage to work on it. Right now, I need a relatively fun, inexpensive, reliable car to get me from A to B and haul my road bike or mountain bike around. Sure, I'll add a beefier sway bar, stiffer springs, and wider tires, but overall, a sports car has no place in my life at the moment.

#32 ·
A) Price was right
B) Fuel economy matters
C) The car looks pretty damn sharp, handles well enough in stock form, and has plenty of power for my everyday needs.

I'll own a sports car when I am financially comfortable enough to afford a second car and my own garage to work on it. Right now, I need a relatively fun, inexpensive, reliable car to get me from A to B and haul my road bike or mountain bike around. Sure, I'll add a beefier sway bar, stiffer springs, and wider tires, but overall, a sports car has no place in my life at the moment.
My thinking exactly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.