Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Fog light bezal

15K views 55 replies 21 participants last post by  fordnut02 
#1 ·
Can the chrome bezal be removed without taking the fogs out?

#2 ·
It supposedly can, but it's much easier to have the extra room with the fog lights out of the way.

#3 ·
I love the chrome on the Fog Lights, but hate the chrome trim under the windows on the SEL & Titanium.

You could always black it out with vinyl or something similar if you wanted. A few people have done that, or replaced them with the Fog Light mounts from the higher trims.

#5 ·
Yes, but do a search as myself and others have done this. They can be removed but best to take out the fog lamp as the clips are helped to hang on by the fog lamp. When you take them out you'll see what I mean.

#6 ·
#9 ·
I didn't keep track of time when I did it, but it took me maybe an hour?

Now, that includes stopping for pictures, taking notes, and fighting with one bezel.

One bezel was being stubborn and took probably 20 minutes to pop out. The other, took seconds. I don't know why it was putting up such a fight but it did.

Provided the bezels don't fight back like mine did, 30 minutes should be enough or even more than enough time.

#47 ·
Same but I think I was more worried about not scratching the paints or knicking anything. Once I had the feel needed for the jimmy motion it was easy. Ford gave me my resolve though. They wanted 143 to put them on.

#10 ·
I could be wrong, but aren't the fog light housings different on the Ti compared to the rest of them? Yes, I know they are black, but the non-Ti's don't have the chrome ring (bezel) do they? I thought non-Ti fog light housings were one piece total, instead of a housing with a separate bezel at the end (Ti).

Anyway, I was bored and took one of my bezel's off with a credit card. That's the only piece I'll be painting so I won't be removing the whole fog light assembly itself.

#11 ·
Anyway, I was bored and took one of my bezel's off with a credit card. That's the only piece I'll be painting so I won't be removing the whole fog light assembly itself.
so you took the bezel off only?! skillz! At least now I know I can go that route, opposed to entire light removal. I believe standard fogs are all chrome but snap onto the car the exact same way.

#20 ·
super easy to pop out, I used a screwdriver on the top clip...first time I took them out I took the headlights out and reached down the bumper with a screwdriver, the 2nd time I just popped the screwdriver in between the bumper and top of the bezel and twisted them out..

#23 ·
Yes, unless you're sure, best to get it the hard way; from the bottom. I don't suggest the card or the screw driver unless you're familiar.

#35 ·
I got the headlights out and removed all the bulbs. (the corner light was a PITA!) I figured out the trick to effortlessly get it in and out though. It's a small hole, so use a screw driver and pry either clockwise our counter.
anyhow, I looked inside and it appears that as long as you have patience with the adhesive, this should not be a problem to take apart. I did NOT get a chance to take apart and paint however... the headlights on these suckers are sooo large it wouldn't fit in my oven without touching a side, and as you know that melts the housing. So DARN! I may try it with a heatgun, it just takes forever that way. I'l keep you posted

#37 ·
Does anybody know what color the plastic is under the chrome? If it's black I think I'd rather just disolve the chrome plating in bleach than paint them. It would be a hell of a time saver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.