Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Roush Stage 3 Ford Focus Concept - Would there be interest?

78K views 163 replies 87 participants last post by  Focus 13 
#1 ·
Curious, how folks will respond to this latest offering from the friends of FORD.

ROUSH unveils the 2012 ROUSH RS3 focus at the 2011 SEMA EXPO.

Performance, power and an aggressive appearance are traits readily associated with the ROUSH Mustangs and the ROUSH F150 trucks. ROUSH Performance has applied their powertrain, suspension and body kit capabilities to the 2012 small car platform. The engineering and design teams at ROUSH Performance unveiled their 2012 ROUSH RS3 Focus today at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, NV. The ROUSH concept vehicle is painted in a striking matte-finished Sherwin-Williams “Sin City Silver,” complimented by a graphics package that let’s fellow drivers know that you’re driving a ROUSHcharged® performance car.

“Our goal is to offer an affordable upgrade package to enhance the performance, handling and appearance of the 2012 Focus,” says Gary Jurick, VP/GM of ROUSH Performance. “We’re excited about our concept vehicle here at SEMA, and the initial feedback from consumers and our dealers has been very positive. The enhancements to the body components and overall styling have been a big hit with the SEMA crowd. We’re continuing to finalize our program offering, and we plan an announcing availability in early 2012.”

The 2012 ROUSH RS3 Focus offers several potential powertrain upgrades including a R900 TVS ROUSHcharger®, Roush modified high-flow induction system and Roush dual-exit high- performance exhaust. “Our initial tests show that more power can certainly be derived from the 2.0L engine with our R900 ROUSHcharger®. It’s possible to see 230HP and 210 ft/lbs of torque with the ROUSH Performance setup. Those are big gains over the stock outputs. That kind of power-to-weight ratio will make this an exciting vehicle to drive.”

The pictures show a cool exterior kit ... but wondering what the final price point would be. Those that miss the SVT variant, this may scratch the itch until FORD drops theirs.

==================================
ROUSH Powertrain Components
  • 2.0L Supercharged Powertrain Featuring the ROUSH TVS 900 ROUSHcharger (Estimated Output: 230HP/210ft.lbs.)
  • ROUSH Engine and Coil Cover
  • Square Tip Performance Exhaust

ROUSH Chassis Components
  • 19-Inch Hyper Black Wheels w/ High Performance Cooper PZero Nero Tires
  • Performance Tuned Suspension System
  • Performance Brake Package – Red (4 Piston Caliper/14″Front Rotors/Painted Rear Calipers)

ROUSH Body Components
  • Custom Show Quality Exterior Paint
  • RS3 Focus Graphics Package
  • ROUSH Front Grill Inserts and Surrounds (Piano Black)
  • Stage 3 Grille Badge
  • Driving Lamp Surrounds (Piano Black)
  • ROUSH Front Chin Splitter
  • ROUSH Side Rocker Splitters
  • ROUSH Rear Valence w/ Diffusers and Extractors
  • ROUSH Rear Corner Splitters
  • Rear Hatch Spoiler
  • Rear Hatch Stage 3 Badge
  • Front Windshield Banner

ROUSH Interior Components
  • Stage 3 Leather Seating w/Accent Color Stitching
  • Billet Performance Pedals
  • Aluminum 5-Speed Shifter Ball
  • Shifter Boot w/Accent Color Stitching
  • E-Brake Boot w/Accent Color Stitching

See less See more
#4 ·
I really like the looks, but I feel like the changes would be negligible for me (Kona Blue) since the color is so dark, the grille tends to blend in.

I'm poor as well.

#5 ·
I wonder if these upgrades might become available a la carte somehow. Personally I prefer the "stealth" (and cheap) approach of keeping a conservative look while paying for performance gains. Also I'm already very happy with the body and interior of my Titanium - I even love the stock 18" rims.

But I'm drooling over the possibility of the supercharger and other go-go goodies added to my plain vanilla hatchback. And oh yeah, the red calipers too (almost subtle).

#7 ·
I think I am in love! [grinking]

I know what I want, that R900 TVS blower they have strapped on [driving]

#8 ·
If they offer a warranty to match the factory warranty, as they do on the mustang Roushcharger, I'd be all for it! I check the Roush website weekly, looking to see if they have anything for the 2012 Focus. My buddy just left for SEMA this morning. I asked him to bring me back the Focus Roushcharger!

#25 ·
I ain't gonna lie; the car looks pretty pro. I'd love to get a crack at the internals if it won't break the bank--but really, I'd settle for the cosmetics. I upgraded from some crap 90's rav4 to this brand spanking new Ti, so I have been pretty pleased with the performance, etc. Unless you take your car to the track, kinda pointless to have all that hp. 90+mph = fat $$$ ticket/jail (ive taken my Ti to 120... Plenty fast lol)

#48 ·
Any car worth it's weight, can get to 120mph. I think it is how fast you can get there is what makes the difference, and owning the car fun. This car is not living up to the competition, 230 hp and 210 tq is really not that much. Especially when there is an option for a Camry SE that starts at $23,000 to have a 268 hp 248tq set up.

I love the car, the looks, and the wheels. The increased power is a step in the right direction, but came up short for me. Something closer to 250-270 is more in line with what I would want. Oh, wait, I already have that. [grinking]

#31 ·
I didn't buy this car to track it nor to be in any kind of sports car. If so I would have bought a sports car. However, I do like the looks of the kit and it will give the ST some competition.

#34 ·
Would fit my dual exhaust nicely as soon as I saw it i was like YES Something to fit what i have already done!

#36 ·
I wouldn't mind the supercharger/wheels and suspension. Everything else in my car I love. While a supercharger is more gas hungry, its got better powerbands, no lag, etc. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.