Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Auto lights not on after turning off car?

15K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cathyvictor 
#1 ·
When I first picked up my car I noticed that the headlights, when on auto, would stay on for about 15-30 seconds or so when I turned off the car and got out. Now, however, they turn off as soon as I turn the key. Is there any way to change this back? I have to assume it was some setting I changed on accident. I did a search, but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

#2 ·
You can change the setting via the MyFord screen and the left side controls on the steering wheel. You need to scroll through a few screens to make the adjustment. I won't say it's easy to just change it accidentally.

#3 ·
You can set it using the controls on the left steering wheel.
Back all the way out to the first page. I think it's Trip 1, Trip 2, Info, Settings, Test. Go to settings, then it should be under lights, then delay.

Pulling this up from memory so I might not be exact on all the subcatogorys, but there's options for 0, 20, 40 or 60 seconds.

I wish they had better options, for me anything but 0 and 20 is useless. I would prefer, 0, 10, 20, 30, But whatever, that's just me. 60 seconds is way long to leave your lights on.

#4 ·
Oh, so that's what that setting is. Thanks! It's not 0, it's manual, but I guess it accomplishes the same thing. Yeah, definitely think the options could be better, 60 seconds (40 even) is kind of ridiculous.

#5 ·
The manual setting allows you to flick the blinker stalk to activate the lights for 20 seconds I believe, or flick again to turn them off, and then any other setting does it automatically... it's easier to have accidentally flicked the stalk while exiting than to have actually changed the settings, lol

#6 ·
The headlamp delay turn it to 20 seconds and the dimming to auto. IDK what Rain Light is to be honest..

#8 ·
I have a Red Candy SEL sedan. Ordered mid-May and delivered first week in August. Well worth the wait. Does the dimming option (automatic or manual) on the center display have anything to do with dimming the headlights? I went through the manual and I must have missed what these two options do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.