Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ANY Regrets!

10K views 83 replies 70 participants last post by  PratoN 
#1 ·
Ok people lets get down to the final question of the year.
Who regrets buying the 2012 Ford Focus since it's been out? Yea I know it's a great looking car that handles nicely when it runs but from the MFT issues, paint issues, oil leaking issues, moon roof leaking issues, water getting in the car after heavy rain issues, steering issues, auto sensing windshield wiper issues, Nav issues, and the infamous transmission issues Damn lets keep it real. What the F[?|][:(!][bigcry][bash]K is going on Ford!

#5 ·
Other than the MFT and NAV problems, all those other issues you listed are not widespread. I read articles and try to stay on top of Ford, the Focus and new designs and features coming out. Other than the reviewers who are absolute American auto and Ford haters, I haven't read anything about the items on your list. If one person on this forum has an oil leak or water entering from the corner of the windshield, that doesn't mean the issues are widespread. Nothing is going on at Ford that isn't going on at every other auto maker. By the way, absolutely no regrets, my SEL 5-door has been perfect.

#10 ·
First off, let me say that I do really like my car.....however, all of the "joy & excitement" of new vehicle ownership evaporated almost right after taking delivery of the car. From day 1, I have been plagued by MFT issues, wide spread system meltdowns, never ending fuse pulls, numerous weekly trips back to the dealership for various reasons. My car has paint issues that have yet to be addressed, but I have been promised that they will be fixed, eventually.

If the MFT issues had not been present (or had actually been fixed) then I would be able to say that I have no regrets. On the other hand, since I'm now into my 4th month of ownership and ALL the issues have not been resolved with MFT/Navigation/Paint etc. the experience has left me feeling like maybe I should have waited until this time next year, once I was sure that Ford had rectified the MFT fiasco. Time will tell I suppose, but I honestly wish I could say that I have "NO REGRETS" because at this point in time, I can't!

#11 ·
No regrets at all, so far! MFT, Navi works great. Car is fun and sporty. Love the lux feel. I've only had my car a couple of days, but I made sure to get as late a build date as possible. My car was built mid-September. I'm thinking that the cars built later have far fewer of the problems other owners have reported.

#12 · (Edited)
I have not looked back since I have traded in my Jeep for an SEL. I have gained so much and I am actually saving money by having a brand new car.

The one or two minor hiccups that I have had with the MFT is worth everything that you can get out of it. If I was to go back and do it again, I would make the same exact purchase, yes, including the MFT.

I have not have had a shred of buyer's remorse yet, which I cannot say about my Jeep.

#15 ·
I'm still on the honeymoon phase of owning my focus, but I did have a few issues that I noticed on the 2nd day of ownership. Just some fit and finish issue. The fuse door does not sit flush. After checking it, it looks like the tech at the dealership doing the PDI may have broken the tab. Then on the 3rd day my check engine light came on, but then went away after driving the car 3 drive cycles.

#19 ·
No regrets at all. I absolutely love this car. It's got 1,000+ miles on it now but I still get excited just to hop in and drive it. Awesome look, the tuscany interior gets complements all the time, nobody believes it's a Focus. It's not super fast but I don't need super fast, I get 30mpg city and 40mpg highway (at 70mph) on a 5spd! I've had no problems with the headliner yet, no issues with moonroof stains, no issues with MFT because I saw everyone complaining about it and wanted a 5spd anyway. It's a terrific car.

#22 ·
Maybe more like 2nd thoughts. The only thing that keeps me from totally regretting the purchase is the MFT w/ nav. It's such an awesome piece of hardware. It's the one a the few things that make the car nice. Now that I've owned for a few months, I'm less impressed with the handling, and it's just adequate acceleration. That coupled with with it's huge turning radius due to the 18" wheels, at many times the car feels big when maneuvering. Probably just going to give it to the wife, sell the 535i, and get something else in a year or two that bridges the gap.

#23 ·
I regret buying a 2010 Honda Civic for my daughter to drive last year.
She's off to college (without a car) and now my 17 year old son thinks he will get the Focus to drive to high school when he finally gets is license.

Focus cool [headbang]. Civic boring [bigcry].

#24 ·
Absolutely no regrets with our SEL. After 5k miles the mileage has been great, the Powershift tranny perfect, no paint issues, the sunroof doesn't leak, no water gets in and there has been no issues with MyFord/Sync. It has performed as I have expected.

My wife misses the power of our turbo PT Cruiser but I am getting to enjoy it now on a daily basis. But she loves the heated seats, much better than the ones in the PT. She also loves the ambient lighting.

I expected the sunroof to retract all the way but it doesn't but that does not detract from the enjoyment of it being open. I would have preferred an oil pressure and volt meter instead of the display between the speedo and tach but it is what it is. I would have also preferred the key and fob to be separate but again it is what it is and it does it's job.

When we went shopping for a new car one requirement was that it had hands free connectivity for our cell phones and a nice to have would be integrated navigation. MFT with navigation did not provide enough usefulness to be worthwhile for the cost. The basic sync provided the connectivity we wanted with the added bonus of USB connectivity for an MP3 player.

#29 ·
I've got 7,700 KMs on mine and still love it and enjoy driving it everyday! Higher spec than my wife's VW Rabbit (2008) for less money and much more entertaining to drive. It has far less power / torque but the trade-off is way better fuel economy. The highest compliment I can pay Ford is that I feel like I got more car than I actually paid for!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.