Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Installed steedas rear sway bar

10K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Bwill9886 
#1 ·
Well while I was up at steedas shop in Valdosta yesterday I picked up one of their new sway bars that where just released earlier this week. So I decided to install it tonight

Here is the new sway

Here it is compared to the stock sway

Since I just installed it I haven't noticed a difference, but I doubt I will till I find some good corners to test it on.

Maybe at the steeda stampede in a few weeks.

See less See more
#4 ·
G-Fez, why yes that is a Yuengling in the photo, after removing the stock one rewarded myself lol

xwhit3devilx, I am waiting to see if steeda is going to release their springs soon, of they are in going to get those, or pick up the eibachs.

#9 ·
G-Fez, why yes that is a Yuengling in the photo, after removing the stock one rewarded myself lol
Ive heard of it but never seen one before - its not available in ontario. Neat.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Why do the corners look press bent instead of mandrel bent? That's now the weakest part, and the most important area! And by the looks of the diameter, I'd say it's hollow pipe, and not bar. Not saying Steeda makes junk at all!!! Just kinda curious before I spend some dough. Ya know? ;)

#8 ·
From what I understand press bending is generally used for solid steel for structural purposes where as mandrel is used for hollow to reduce the rippling effect. There's also one less bend per side in the Steeda bar over the stock bar. I could be way off though.

#7 ·
Cool! Looks nice anyhow. Ugh, Schuykill Punch Yengling. Blech! That's made close to us. Still don't know why people like that stuff!

#11 ·
Yuengling FTW! Nutty 5.0, Im from 10 min where they make that but havent been home in a long time. It's weird how you start to miss it lmao! Oh, oh wait, Nice RSB! I cant decide if I want to get it or not though. That and I can't decide between the H&R or Eibachs

#12 ·
RSB, Lager or Black & Tan?
Hmmm, how about all three!

#13 ·
That good 'ol lager will do just fine! I've been in Colorado long enough now where the Coors Light is getting to me. I need to get back home where the beer is good and Salene the death dealer (My Focus) is at sea level. 6,500 ft above sucks the performance right out of everything

#17 ·
I have yet to try Yuengling but I should since most of my favorites are lagers:

stella artois
weihenstephaner festbier
heineken
negra modelo
pilsner urquell
red stripe
birra moretti la rossa

prob forgot some

#18 ·
I've been drinking yuengling for so many years I've grown tired of it. I used to really enjoy it when pretty much the only place you could get it was Pittsburgh. Since they started distributing distances away it just doesn't taste the same. So how about that sway bar?
Posted via FF Mobile

#24 ·
When I put sway bars (front and rear) on my 66' Mustang I used teflon tape under all the bushings. Hasn't squeaked in 17 years. I don't know if it would work in cold weather but it did in CA and AZ (it got to 17 degrees once).

#33 ·
I know if I hammer a corner too hard in my SE Sport, it drops engine power.... did it the other day [:(!] hope when I get the bars it won't

#34 ·
I wonder if that isn't the ESC kicking in and applying brakes that would make it feel like less power. I haven't pushed mine hard enough to activate ESC, under steer, over steer, tire squeal or anything else. Gotta do that.

#37 ·
Finally joined the ranks and installed the Steeda rear swaybar. I remember reading this thread about everyone's solution for future squeaks. Well here is mine. [:)]

Look like Energy Suspension poly? Nope. Just what came with the bar. I drilled and tapped a hole for a grease fitting, and then took a cutter bit with my Dremel and ground a grease groove all the way around the inside like Energy Suspension does.

#43 ·
Installed the MS3 RMM today and then got stuck doing the Steeda RSB.

I can't figure out to remove it from the endlinks. I have the 18mm bolts off and the 4 bolts holding the factory bar removed. Now the factory bar is just hanging there and I can figure out how to get it off. The instructions just say remove it. Thanks for any help!

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.