Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Ingot Silver

Votes: 27 10.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

POLL: Most Common Color Picked - 2012 Focus

47K views 207 replies 125 participants last post by  Sonic_HedgeHog 
#1 ·
This is a Poll to try and determine the most common color choice when ordering a new Focus. I myself ordered Sterling Gray:

Color Choices:
  • Red Candy
  • Kona Blue
  • Blue Candy
  • Yellow Blaze
  • Race Red
  • Frosted Glass
  • White Platinum Tri-Coat
  • Sterling Gray
  • Tuxedo Black
  • Ingot Silver

#92 · (Edited)
I haven't seen too many pics of the candy red and have been on the fence between that and the yellow blaze... those pics of the candy red are gorgeous! If the yellow blaze didn't have so much Orange in it I'd like it more.
I've noticed that candy red looks very different in pics & IRL. It really does change noticeably depending on angle. I actually don't like the different shades. I prefer the race red.

I agree on the yellow blaze. I would like it better as a purer yellow.

edit: Here's a comparison of yellows. The Mazda is very similar to the yellow of center stripe on roads (much more orange than old Focus' egg yolk yellow). You can see that yellow blaze definitely has more orange in it. This is in late afternoon, partially cloudy light.

#89 ·
I ended up getting one that was the Blue Candy Metalic. It sort of annoyed me that it was an extra $400, but I really didn't want a plain color either (red, black, silver, etc). I sort of liked the color, so I went with it. It's bright, but not as "bright" as the race red.

And as I had posted in another thread... no more red cars for me. The three that I had all managed to get backed into by others or some how dented (one guy backed into one of the doors and left a nice large dent--the other time another guy was pulling a long trailer and made a turn that was too sharp). I don't know if red is like an accident magnet, but I've decided that no more red for a while for me...

#90 ·
When i bought mine i really did have an option since I didn't order the car lol
I went to go look at the new focus and endded up buying mine and just happens that I liked the options that it had LOL

#95 ·
The limited colors for titanium bothers me.

Why can't we have yellow, race red, frosted glass? Among some others.

Top level trim should have all the choices, or even some exclusive choices.

#104 ·
And the race red, Red candy is avail for the ti.

Sent from my ADR6300 using FF Mobile
Per Ford's recently updated website, the only colors listed for the Ti are:
  • white platinum
  • yellow blaze
  • sterling gray
  • ingot silver
  • candy blue

As they get the replacement colors sorted out, more will pop onto the list, such as a new black, red, & blue.

I can understand having the premium paints only available on the top trims, but I don't know why they would remove colors (yellow from SEL, frosted glass & race red from Ti). It's like their wheel choices. They have so many, but certain ones are only available on certain trims.

#107 ·
Yeah, the Blue Candy Metalic car fell through. Dealer thought they could get it from another dealer, but it was a mistake (car was actually a special order for a customer). So, I'm back to the search. After seeing a Kona Blue in person, I wouldn't mind one. And I figured out that I really don't like the Frosted Glass color now that I've seen that in person. So, prbably Kona blue or Candy Blue (if someone can give me a good enough deal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.