Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The 2012 Window Tint Thread

395K views 924 replies 326 participants last post by  Tiger-Heli 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's see 'em! [headbang]

#3 ·
Great idea with this thread. I've been looking forward to some tinted 2012's. I'm waiting on my Sterling Grey sedan. I'm thinking about 20% on the rear windows and 30% on the fronts. What is out there so far?

#7 ·
All of my cars (save the Civic Hybrid) have had their radio antennas printed on the rear window, and I've always had metallized tint installed without any effect on radio reception. I am, however, going to get ceramic tint installed this time because of its superior heat rejection. It's also not as ridiculously expensive as it was when it first came out a few years ago.

#19 ·
Sweet

That is a sweet looking car......can't wait to get my Sterling Silver Titanium. I have the dealer committed to tinting my windows before delivery with Lifetime Tint. I hope that I get an option on the grade of tint that I get.......but it's not co$ting me anything either.

#9 ·
Nice looking ride Derekc. It looks a bit overcast in those pictures. Do you find the 35% to be dark enough on sunny days? Now that I've moved out of Arizona I probably don't need to go as dark as I used to. I notice everyone is talking about Llumar film these days. Is it actually so much better than 3M and the other tints on the market that I should be going out of my way to find a Llumar dealer? Thanks for the help.

#15 ·
Correct. I imagine other issues such as the tint color and metallic content can alter the appearance slightly, but in terms of light transmission, yes.

#21 ·
Another sweet looking car......that is exactly what I ordered. You get the active louvers?

#23 ·
Question, when I do get the car I want to tint it all the way around. ill follow VA law. however can someone explain the different tints and what you recommend? I am little worried about it getting put on. I want to make sure its done right and will not bubble or peal or anything.

#30 ·
Anybody know anything about Huper Optik Ceramic window film? A couple of the better local tint shops are using it for their ceramic tint. They have non-ceramic Llumar film available, but I really wanted to go ceramic this time around. The Huper Optik is computer cut like the higher end Llumar film. I'm sure its probably good stuff, I just don't know anyone who has used it.

#33 ·
Thanks for the info. Doing some research it looked like a premium product. I have one local quote for $400 for Huper Optic Ceramic, which seemed high but not crazy high. I'm waiting to clarify with a second shop which quoted $300 for ceramic to confirm it was for the Huper Optic. $300 doesn't seem unreasonable for a high quality tint job. I'm sure somebody will chime in to let me know they got theirs done for $90, but I don't mind paying a little extra for quality and the look I'm after. When my car finally gets here and I get the tint done I'll post some pics.

#39 ·
Any more new tint pics out there? I'm still trying to decide how dark I want to go so I'd love to see some more.

#40 ·
I missed my appointment and went by to apologize to the tinting place and they said 'no problem' and pushed my appointment date to the 24th. Keep in mind I was supposed to go in on the 7th, and made the appointment on the 2nd of June. Really?

I'm gonna search elsewhere, I know they aren't that busy, the place was empty when I came by to apologize.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.