Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 Mudflaps - aftermarket?

60K views 151 replies 58 participants last post by  DVolpe 
#1 ·
Hi all!
Has anyone found aftermarket mudflaps that will work with our 2012 Focus Hatches? I'm looking for an alternative to the factory splash gaurds.

#81 ·
Guys, I have a question for you. How these mudflaps act in winter and heavy snow, especially when you back-up in a parking lot which was not cleared (snow cleared) ?

#82 ·
I live in Baltimore, Maryland USA so I dont run into a lot of snow. mine is mainly for keeping the dust and dirt off the back of the hatch on dirt roads and keeping rocks and dirt off the car from the front tires. Most Ive driven through this season was about 3inches of snow which is nothing

#83 ·
but the rally armor ones I hav are thick stiff urethane and I have them bulted on so I assume backing up in snow wouldnt be any problem. Might be pushed forwards because of the pressure of the snow and rub on the tire a little, but that wouldnt matter unless you have a crazy long driveway your backing out of.

#84 ·
Thank you, DVolpe ! [thankyou]

#85 ·
Just thought id chime in! The rally armor are great if you're handy or have time! I love the brand and looked into them but there is a lot of guessing on where to mount! The RB are worth the extra $45 if you want all the bracketing and instructions! Not to mention that they are cut specifically for the focus! And no, i can only vouch for the RB's that they do not get stuck when backing up through deep snow! (I was in the thick of it) More pics of the car, coming home on friday for installation pics!

#88 ·
#89 ·
I bought those ebay flaps and they were pretty bad. Some people got lucky and found some good ones, but mine were gapped pretty bad. I hit them with the heat gun and it looked good for a while, but started pulling away again. Also the color bothered me they were sort of charcoal not black like the other trim....picky I know, but I couldn't stand it.

#93 ·
I absolutely love them! I love everything about these. I love the fit on them, how they suit on the car, i love how much protection it gives the the body behind the wheel.. The look of these flaps look fantastic too. How do you like yours?

#96 ·

I love mine! I had to go with the rally look as soon as I thought about purchasing this Focus! My 2nd pair of rally name tags for the window are on the way too! Lol once you go with these you will love your car that much more!

#98 ·
Hmm,not so sure I like them that large on the Focus and being red it kinda pulls the attention to the flaps and away from the rest of the car. They look a bit like truck mudflaps regarding their size in relation to the tire but I'm sure you won't be throwing road debris on yourself and others behind you like the truck guys running no flaps around here do.

#107 ·
I love the size of them. These flaps are really good if you are looking to get the rally look of your car. Otherwise you most likely aren't going to like them. I haven't seen many other flaps on these cars besides OEM and Rokblokz. IMO, RB flaps look better, and protect your car more.

#108 ·
Could not have said it better! Only thing, idk if you experience this but under a hard turn hitting a bump I do get minor rub and the flaps are a little bent back from debris but they still looks amazing

#111 ·
How was the install? Did you take the rear wheels off? Also, how is the fitment with the rear? I read a thread on the focus ST forum and the person could not get one of the rear flap to be vertically straight. It was in an angle. let me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.