Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#1,274 ·
There are a couple guys over on the blue oval forum that have been tracking shipping orders by your vin. Really awesome of them to do it for lots of people just out of kindness like that.

#1,278 ·
First let me say my dealer has been fantastic...up until now. Since Sunday I have been told "tomorrow" you can get your car. Yesterday I was told I could pick it up "tomorrow between 1-2pm". I sat and waited and no phone call! Finally called the sales manager at 3pm and he says 6:30pm. It better be ready when I arrive.

I do think this is a good dealer, and my excitement is just making me super impatient. I just hope all goes well and I get my car tonight...

#1,279 ·
Sound like you'll get yours just a few days earlier then I get mine. Hope it's ready today for pick up. Like I posted, mine should be at the dealer on the 13th. I expect it to be ready for pick up on the 14th or 15th.

#1,282 ·
[wiggle] I got it! It is missing the engine cover so I will need to go back and pick that up at some point. The dealership was fantastic! Mine was the very first Focus they got with Parking Assist - so they had to play with it a bit. It is a bit nerve wracking to let go of the wheel and trust the car....but it works like a charm.

And oh my gosh - the Blue Candy is SOOOOO beautiful! Pictures do not do it justice!

I will post a couple pictures as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

#1,285 ·
VIN would be the first info you get. My dealer called me, I never had to call him. About 7 days before your build date you can access the window sticker online. About 4 days after the build you can see your car in ETIS

Ok....I keep seeing eveyone talk about ETIS.....what is it and can I utilize it on my Focus order sine I have my VIN#. [whip]
It will show in ETIS about 4 days after your build. But about 7 days before you should be able to access the window sticker. Just put your VIN in place of mine in the url below:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1fAHP3N22cl157984

#1,284 ·
What is ETIS?

Ok....I keep seeing eveyone talk about ETIS.....what is it and can I utilize it on my Focus order sine I have my VIN#. [whip]

#1,296 ·
Do you think there is any cause for concern if I don't have my window sticker yet? Vin is 1fahp3n25cl182684.
Wontfinishlast already has theirs and mine was supposedly going to be built 6/13 (about the same timeframe).
Ordered 5/16
Vin 5/30
Window sticker ?? Not able to see it when I'm using the http code with my vin.
Build date was possibly 6/13??

Posted via FF Mobile

#1,306 ·
We went to the dealer this morning to take care of some paperwork. My sales guy walked up and said Guess What, they just took your car off the truck!!!!!!!!!!!! It came in five days early. [lockdance][lockdance]

We pick it up Sat. morning. It's been a long wait but I know it will be worth it. Pics to follow.

#1,307 ·
Well, my delivery date has come, 9 June; unfortunately my Sterling Grey Titanium Hatch is a no show. Just stopped at the dealership and they now say its ETA is 16 June with the possibility of it showing up as early as the 13th. Sure was looking forward to having it for the weekend, but I guess I’ll have to wait until next week provided there are no more unscheduled delays.

#1,310 ·
Got my VIN# and looked it up on FordEtis, beside where it says build date I have the numbers:30.11.0002. I am assuming this means the build date is the 30th of this month of June 2011. What does the last number 0002 mean? Thanks.

#1,313 ·
No, actually that is just a placeholder until your car does show up in ETIS. The best thing to do now is just periodically check for the window sticker. That SHOULD show up (7) days before the car is SCHEDULED to be built and will show that scheduled date at the top left corner. There is often a day or two delay from that scheduled date, however. You can then check ETIS 3-4 days later for some updated info. Honestly, it doesn't tell you anything you probably don't already know. It is fun to keep track of the progress, though.....that is up until it's built and it just sits in a parking lot for weeks on end just waiting for transportation. That is truly the hard part, since you have absolutely no way of knowing when it will finally ship, days or weeks.

#1,312 ·
NC12Focus... no it's not really june 30th... that's a date everyone gets until Etis actually has your information (usually 4 days after the build date.) In the mean time, you wait until your vin from your salesman... usually a week or 2 after they submitted the order. You can call them a couple weeks after you ordered, and maybe they'll have it to give to you. My salesman and I text back and forth... he texted me mine when he got it. I ordered my car 5/16... got my vin on 5/30.

Then you plug your vin into the url you see at the bottom of my post after the 'vin=" (erase mine first.) But the window sticker doesn't generate in the system until 1 week before your build date. The only way to find out your build date is to nicely ask someone who works for ford. :) (they have a thread to ask this over on blue oval and a nice guy here also told me in a pm when I posted my vin in this thread.) I personally have the xplan, and my friend of the family who works at ford called me and told me when my build date was after I sent him my vin.

And... to everyone one else who might share in my enthusiasm... I got my window sticker!!! Looks like mine is being made on 6/16/2011! Still takes like ~20 days to get to me in Florida, so I'll probably see it around the 4th of July weekend... hopefully!

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1fahp3n25cl182684

#1,314 ·
So, thanks to a friend who works in transportation I am able to track the CSX train my car is on :)... it left Ohio yesterday and will be in Pennsylvania this Monday. From there I guess it sits at a Ford distribution lot until it is put on a truck to my dealer in New Jersey. Depending on where in PA, it's no more than 2-3 hours tops so hopefully my ETA of June 20th can become June 15th or 16th if he gets put on a truck quickly :)

#1,315 ·
Congrats! [cheers] You'll have to keep me posted after you get it, as in, how long between build date and when you pick it up. I'm up north of you in jersey but if it's shipping out of pennsylvania that won't much matter. Which dealer did you order from?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.