Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#244 ·
I only have a partial VIN at this time. On Wednesday, my dealer and I are going to sit down and see if there are any issues within the preview (which cars will get pulled) and make changes if I need to to get my car pulled for build. He has allocation for a focus next week, which should be mine. It's clean/unsched right now, and he seems to think there shouldn't be any issues. I'll know for sure on Thursday night / Friday morn if it's been allocated and scheduled.

My biggest concern is knowing how much cash I'll have for the down-payment. An extra week or two isn't too bad, as I can throw an extra grand or two into the down-payment.

I'm glad to see some MFT orders going though. I chose all the options (MFT, Park assist, Black paint, winter package, etc. Unfortunately, that leaves in more areas for material holds.

#245 ·
Okay - Update from Ford Corporate

My name is Cherie and I am a representative of Ford's Customer Relationship Center. I have received and reviewed your email regarding a delivery date for your vehicle.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your email. I have contacted our Plant Vehicle Team and Hoffman Ford regarding your order of a 2012 Focus Hatch SEL with MyFord Touch. It has been verified that your vehicle still does not have a scheduled build date. Additionally, they are holding back vehicles with the MyFord Touch, as Ford wants to make certain that everything is in working condition when the vehicle's are received. I suggest that you stay in contact with Hoffman Ford regarding the build date/delivery date of your vehicle, as they will be one of the first to know of these scheduled dates.

You have also questioned if the Focus will have a diesel engine in the future. At this time, this office is not aware of any plans to manufacture the Focus with a diesel engine. You may want to visit our website www.ford.com from time to time, as there is an area to view future vehicles on this site.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Sincerely,
Cherie
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

So we shall see - I can hardly wait for my car...aaahhhhh

#247 ·
I was just relaying the info provided to me by the dealership. I think its funny that corporate and dealership are saying different things. Keep in mind that the corporate response says held back. They may still be building them, but waiting for Microsoft to get their patch ready... I'm just guessing here. My dealer also told me that there is a work slowdown regarding a truck union or something, and the shipping to our area (PA) is slow. ( for all i know its a stalling tactic)

I wish we had efficient trains that ran from MI to PA, then we could get rid of these inefficient, death trailers.

#248 ·
I would guess mine will come by rail down here in FLA.

They may be building these cars and waiting for the update and then just plug it in and update each car. There is probably a holding lot for these that need the update. At least I hope so. In a case like this the Vin. verification may be held back too.

#249 ·
At this point I'm not listening to a thing any dealerships say. Truck union delay?!? Really?!?![facepalm] That's such a blatant lie, it's almost offensive!

On another note, this MFT software bug is going to kill the launch of this car, which some editors have called, "Ford's most important launch in its history."

Someone get me Bill Gates!!!

-B

#250 ·
Hey folks,
Been lurking around here since I put in an order for the 2012 back in Feb. Wanted to post since I got some news from my dealer about the hold up with my delivery.

Ordered: 2012 SEL Tuxedo Black (no options, just vanilla SEL)
Recieved VIN: March 15th
Built: Short time after receiving VIN, few days at most before I got the word that it was built.
Scheduled Delivery: Was supposed to be sometime last week.

My dealer got a Ford rep on the line and got this back concerning the delay for my car. "I found out there was a delay on the shipping due to a recheck on the thermostat for all built units. As they get inspected, they are being released to ship"

So...grinding my teeth a bit, but nothing to do execpt wait. As far as I know no other dealers in Jax have 2012s either. So can't even test drive one.

#251 ·
Want to let you all know that I ended up bailing on the Focus, even though I wasn't receiving bad customer service as one of you so politely informed me. I just decided it wasn't a good fit for me. I wish you all the best with your orders, and am anxious to start seeing them on the road. They are nice looking cars! I have enjoyed this forum and the information it has provided.

#254 ·
I test drove a Silver 2012 Focus Hatch SE with the Stone interior 203A SPEC.

The handling with torque vectoring and EPAS was AMAZING. Braking was above average. Acceleration was solid but improved over 3000 RPM. The car was very comfortable and even being SE the quality of materials in the vehicle were very high. The soft-touch dash and layout of the "cockpit" was very nice. The rear seats lay down flat and I was still left with ample leg room (5'10"). I put my daughter's car seat in the back behind the driver's and passengers seat and was still left with plenty of room.

Dislike
The wheel covers on the SE were not to my taste and was a big reason why I am waiting on my Titanium. I am not a big fan of silver or the stone interior. It seems like I am nitpicking on the bad stuff because there is very little that I do not like on that specific vehicle.

I am now even more excited for my Titanium Hatch to come in. If the SE is THAT nice then the Titanium should be so much more. It had a build date of 3/29/11 and we are expecting it in no more than 6 weeks from that date.

Window Sticker:
http://www.inventory.ford.com/servi...3744be3ff66821492ace&pacode=01267&modelid=226

#255 ·
I test drove a Silver 2012 Focus Hatch SE with the Stone interior 203A SPEC.
Wow you loaded that puppy up!! Are you paying MSRP, over, under?

I had the exact same experience. Went to a dealer, test drove an SE hatch, and thought it performed fantastically. Now I'm only even more excited about my titanium+handling package. I got another email from a dealer today, and told me that my focus should be arriving "anytime." I didn't put very much stock in that, as he went on to say that "he was at the mercy of the factory." I told him I never mind waiting for a good thing.

-B

#257 ·
Good plan. Unfortunately I don't have the option of an X plan, so I'm throwing down $5K, hopefully getting ~$2K for a trade-in (2000 Chrysler 300M w/ 124,000 miles), and pulling an APR of 3% or less for 60 months. These figures do not include the $1,250 from the two discounts, so I guess you could say I'm putting down $6250. I'm also going to dig a little deeper once it gets here. I'm lookin for invoice or better (~$200-300 under).

So antihero31, it appears you and I are in a similar position! I just can't afford anything over $24k after all is said and done.

-B

#263 ·
Ted, I got that email, too.

Ohuigin, I agree, CU's are the way to go. Shop around. Numerous online credit unions will give you great rates. Check locally, too. My CU just requires you to work or live in my county. I get like 1% lower than any rate I qualify for if I do direct withdrawl of payments.

#267 ·
Reading the news report in the above post, there was an interesting bit of info (maybe).

Quote - Peugeot anticipates a series of new products will be coming out over the next 16 or so months. The popular ones right now include the Focus, the Explorer which they can not keep in stock, a new Fiesta, and a new 7 seater mini van

So when Mr.Peugeot said `a new Fiesta`along with the new C-Max 7 paxs mini-van, does this mean that North America will get the new B-Max

which is built on the Fiesta platform.

I cannot see why he would refer to the Fiesta as something new coming in the next 16 months along with the C-Max...hmmm

#269 ·
I still don't have a VIN, but my delivery date moved from June 4th'ish to April 29th'ish. The 'ish is a direct quote from my dealership :)

Still flakey information, but April is better than June! I was actually hoping for the delay as I am straightening out some finances before I have to start paying monthly payments :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.