Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#158 ·
I am sure the software is a little different. Off the top, it doesn't have the heated seats controlled through the climate tab and the ambient lighting is also not controlled by myford touch. It also doesn't have to interface with the instrument cluster the same way since the Focus doesn't have the "dual screen" setup from the Edge and Explorer.

#165 ·
My bud who works at Ford has a Titanium on order with MFT. It was built 2/15. Still has not been released to him. He doesn't know why, but when I mentioned the MFT 'issues' as a possible reason, he said that'd make some sense. Seeing the Edge and Explorer had some MFT issues out the gate, it stands to reason they'd delay the Focus if it has MFT issues. No sense in having public perception be that MFT is a broken system.

#167 ·
1FAHP3N22CL117727
That VIN is for a Dealer ordered Titanium Hatch. I told them if this one comes in before my retail order then I will take it.
Strange this VIN brings up an incomplete report, with a build date that makes no sense and no feature lists, variant type, paint colour , nothing. ??

Focus (C346N)

VIN Number: 1FAHP3N22CL117727
Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Focus (C346N)
Minor Features
Michigan Plant Built
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

#171 ·
My dealer confirmed with me today - out of there few dozen Retail orders, only configs without MFT have been scheduled. Admittedly that is only a couple of cars, most of the pre-orders are have MFT.

They have currently have 34 scheduled Stock cars in a full mix, but are unclear when they are getting any.

#172 ·
Hey everyone,

Big update. The day after I talked to a dealership down here in Long Beach, saying that it would be another three weeks before they get them in, he called me back today and told me that a guy special ordered one, but bailed, and asked if I wanted to come in to test drive it. Of course, I told him yes, so I have an appointment tomorrow at high noon to finally get my hands on one of these things. He said that it was either an SE or SEL (I can't remember exactly which one) hatchback in Ingot silver.

The top of my priorities is to see how this thing drives (obviously). It's not the car I'm going to purchase, but I figure if this drives well, the titanium + handling package will only be better. I'm also going to get under the car and hood, and finally figure out if a hatch gets the automatic grille shutters. I'll take pictures of what I think is interesting, but if there are any requests, let me know by tomorrow and I'll try to do what I can.

-B

#182 ·
A car showed up online in the inventory search and I asked if it was my car and I was told it wasn't! I could take that car but I would lose my 500 rebate. Thats lame. Plus mine has MFT so I am waiting. ugh
Yeah, the dealer would have to eat the $500, cause Ford will only do it on the Retail VIN. Besides, if it has MFT, chances are it won't be at your dealer any time soon (unless they fix the problem before it's built)

#185 ·
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Called for a vin# on the '12 Focus we ordered. Really surprised at their answer when they told me it was to be delivered in 11 days....

Order date: 3-16-11
Build date: 2-30-11
Delivery: 4-8-11

Focus (C346N) VIN Number: 1FAHP3F25CL134651

Was wondering if anyone could help me locate a window sticker for this car to check the options ordered are what were actually built on the car??

We spec'd as;

2012 Focus SE Sedan
Automatic
Sterling Grey Met.
SFE pkg.
Winter pkg.
Convenience pkg.
Home link RV mirror
Window rain guards
Hood deflector
Cargo protector

MSRP: $20,709

#187 ·
#186 ·
I ordered mine in February and had a VIN two weeks ago. I was told to expect 4 April delivery, but I'm a pessimist so I say it might be there the end of April if I'm lucky. Doesn't matter to me either way as I won't get back from Germany until the end of April regardless. Oh well, still nice knowing something "I ordered" has come in. It's like receiving a REALLY big package in the mail!

#189 ·
Got an email earlier today from one of the dealerships I've developed a relationship with, and he informed me that a dealer ordered Titanium should get in "any day now." This dealership is about 50 miles away from me, so I don't think that this is a ploy to get me into the showroom, so maybe they're starting to get those MFTs workin?? Any new updates I'll be sure to post!

-B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.