Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#111 ·
Initail dealership order data

Hey fanatics,

So I had a few minutes to kill, and decided to survey all the dealership ordered 2012 Foci within a 20 mile radius of me. Here's what I came away with:

-There were 70 2012 Foci ordered within just 20 miles of me.
-The average price of all 70 was $22,257.
-The standard deviation of the price was +/- $2,331
-The most expensive Focus was $27835
-The least expensive Focus was $18090
-The most common color ordered by dealerships was sterling grey
-The most common trim level was the Hatchback SE (I found this surprising)

I'll leave you folks to make some of your own conclusions with the two graphs I've attached below. Note about the graphs: the numbers within each pie piece = percentage of total, not total number.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to rearrange the data and crunch the numbers for ya.[grinking]

-B

#113 ·
Hey fanatics,

So I had a few minutes to kill, and decided to survey all the dealership order 2012 Foci within a 20 mile radius of me. Here's what I came away with:

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to rearrange and crunch the numbers for ya.[grinking]

-B
not much surprise in the trims. I flipped through the salesman's '12 foci sales guide booklet when he walked away, it said they expected to sell mostly SE's. It also said that the market for the c-segmant was largely people aged 37-43, making $73-80k a year. Of those, 30% are willing to spend the extra money on higher technology. Does this sound right?

#118 ·
Well I was lucky enough a few weeks ago to win a trip to California for the Focus Rally America reality show and I WON a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium!!!!

I am so anxious to get my new car!!! I got to do a driving challenge against someone else who also won the trip to Cali and we got to drive the new Titanium model (the cars that were used for the show) and I absolutely loved the way it drove and loved it inside and out!!!!!

#123 ·
Just called my dealer and talked to my salesman about Ford posting on their site about them receiving 3 new Focus and one in the color I ordered. He said they ordered them and they have been built but haven't reached the dealership yet. Soooo, you can't go by what the Ford site says as far as dealer inventory on their lots. He did say as soon as they receive them he would give me a call to take a look at the Blue Candy I ordered.

#132 ·
Pre-ordered mine 3 weeks ago

The dealer says he still hasn't placed the order because Ford is only taking retail orders. I didn't believe him when he told me and now I'm remembering he had to place the order with Ford by March 15th in order for me to get the $500 dollar rebate. Is this correct or am I misremembering?

#133 ·
The order had to be placed before the end of Feb. to get the $500.00 rebate. That's according to what was stated on the Ford web site. Plus, you were supposed to print out your pre-order from their site and show it to your dealer.

#134 ·
To get the $500.00 rebate the order had to be placed by the dealer as a retail. To the people that already have VIN's/ ship dates....the dealer placed your order as a "stock" unit, that's why it is showing up on the inventory search pages. If your unit was "retail" it would not show there. They have not scheduled any retails yet, because they were waiting until the OK to ship which happened last week.

If the dealer didn't read the fine print of the claiming process from Ford, it will not be valid, and either you won't get the rebate or it will be coming out of the dealers pocket.

Just wanted to give some more information to the people that ordered way before others and are frustrated they have not got a VIN yet.

I am in the same boat. I ordered as "retail" back in November and as of today my car is still not scheduled for production. I have mixed feelings about this process, but over everything I think it's way to long of a wait to at least get a production date. And it's hard knowing that even though I will eventually get a date, it can be up to two months or more after that when it will physically arrive at the dealership. So we are looking at 6 months total from order date to delivery.

It's also frustrating that the people who ordered as "retail" basically get cut in line by orders submitted for customers as "stock". I know there is no way for Ford to verify otherwise, but it's difficult seeing cars that will be delieverd to customers and also sitting on lots while my order sits unattended.

#137 ·
I am in the same boat. I ordered as "retail" back in November and as of today my car is still not scheduled for production. I have mixed feelings about this process, but over everything I think it's way to long of a wait to at least get a production date. And it's hard knowing that even though I will eventually get a date, it can be up to two months or more after that when it will physically arrive at the dealership. So we are looking at 6 months total from order date to delivery.

It's also frustrating that the people who ordered as "retail" basically get cut in line by orders submitted for customers as "stock". I know there is no way for Ford to verify otherwise, but it's difficult seeing cars that will be delieverd to customers and also sitting on lots while my order sits unattended.
Thats's absoluely ridiculous. I also ordered in November, and if it hasnt even been scheduled to be built yet I'm going to reconsider even buying.

#136 ·
I know my dealer placed my order the same day I ordered it from them,Feb.9. I did have to go back to them a day later to sign some papers for the rebate.

#138 ·
I have waited much longer for a Ford. Back in Dec. 2000 I placed my order for my 2002 Thunderbird. It came in on Jan. 2002. It was a 13 month wait so the time doesn't bother me that much.

#139 ·
Note that cars seem to be being built 5-6 days after they get scheduled (eg cars getting scheduled today are getting build dates of ~3/24). Delivery after that is as little as 3-4 days after that, but that really depends on location, shipping methods, dealers deliveries, etc and could be a few weeks for those on the west coast.

I know somebody who had their retail order get scheduled on 3/11, build on 3/17, and dealer delivery is expected mid next week.

Yes, the lack of info is painful, but reality isn't necessarily as doom and gloom as some want to make it sound.

#149 ·
Ok, so I got some more details about what is going on. I can't really go into details - so believe me or don't.

They are scheduling Retail orders, BUT (and this is a really big but), they are not scheduling Retail orders that have MyFord Touch..........

They are scheduling stock orders with MyFord Touch, but a very large percentage of them fail testing, and are being held. For this reason, MFT cars will be very rare at dealers (good lock walking onto a lot and buying one any time soon), you are mainly going to see S/SE and some SELs. There are plenty of MFT Stock cars that are built, but they are piled up waiting for a solution.

So yeah, if you have MFT on your order, don't hold your breath.

But the good news about them doing it this way (holding the Retail cars until the solution is found), is that once they have the solution, the cars being built wil ship immediately, instead of having to wait for the 2500+ cars they have on site to be fixed.

#150 ·
Thanks, I did order that on mine but I also understand why they are holding them. A lot of us buying the new T-Bird back in 2002 had their cars on hold or called back to the factory because of defective hydraulic cooling fans. They wanted to get it right before releasing them to everyone.

emerrill, just noticed what you drive. I have an 05 500 SEL AWD, my everyday driver, that I'm trading in on the Focus Titanium.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.