Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#63 ·
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! I didn't get a chance to read my email and ask for my VIN before my dealer closed for today, but he sent me a message saying they have a DELIVERY DATE of APRIL 4TH!!! Heck yeah!! [vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit][vommit]

#65 ·
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! I didn't get a chance to read my email and ask for my VIN before my dealer closed for today, but he sent me a message saying they have a DELIVERY DATE of APRIL 4TH!!! Heck yeah!!
Nice! Congrats! For some reason the only thing I can think of right now is the song Pride (in the name of) by U2.[drinking]

-B

#66 ·
I ordered on February 5th! So that's great news for everyone else who's ordered, everyone else probably shouldn't be too far behind! It sucks I won't be able to pick it up until halfway through the month tho, since i'll be on leave.... at least it won't suck to come back to Missouri for once! haha.

I'm sure other people (especially in Michigan) will have their cars first, but if I happen to pick it up and peeps still want to see, i'll make sure to post pics and maybe some vids galore! I ordered a kona blue SE hatchback with the sport package and stick shift btw

#72 ·
My order was placed in October - the first week order banks were opened and I don't have a VIN, build date, etc. I think it may have to do with the dealer's allocation and size and, perhaps, the options. My order is with a very small, rural dealership on a Titanium with all options except the two-tone seats. Given the pricing and treatment I've received for years at this dealer, I can stand a "slight" delay.

That said, does anything think the higher optioned cars, with all the technology orders factors into the mix?

#81 ·
Their either building them like crazy (which is not outside the realm of possibility considering that they're being built in Germany), or they've been stockpiling them and they're finally leaving the holding pens.

On another note, I just received a call from a dealership about an hour north of me, and he just said that he had a note that told him to call me. He had no idea why. Anyway, I told him I wanted to test drive a 2012 focus, to which he responded that they should be getting them within the next two-three months! This is a completely different time frame that I was given by a dealership about 15 minutes south of me. They told me two-three weeks, not months.

The confusion goes on....[?|]

-B

#82 ·
Spoke to my salesman today. Apparently they ordered a twin of my car since there is no rhyme or reason to the order in which they are built and they wanted to get it in as soon as possible. It's built and in transit and should be in next week or the week after. So my guess is that unless your dealer ordered a twin, preorders won't be in until at least mid-April.

#89 ·
this new focus blows the others out of the water hands down, except for rear seat space haha. There is one thing I want to know from people ordering Focii, are you getting the dual clutch units or manuals?

I dont mean to rag on such a great new car, but I am hearing a lot of bad stuff about both the drivability and the short term durability of these new autos in the fiesta, and even in some magazine testing of the focus. At least one in four reviews on edmunds of the fiesta complained about failing dual clutch units, as well as chattering/burning clutches and replacements in under 6 months of ownership....any thoughts? (on the upside, I havent read a single negative review about the dealer experience in replacing these units)

#95 ·
They're starting to show up on the online inventories of southern California ford dealerships. Some of these dealerships even have a digital copy of the window stickers for each vehicle. I know it's only limited to soCal dealerships, but it can give you guys an idea of what's being offered for the initial dealership orders.

start here: http://www.yoursoutherncaliforniaford.com/, then click search inventory. If it asks for a zip code, you can put in 91403 for those of you that are out of CA.

Happy hunting!

-B

#102 ·
First look today at a local dealership: Ingot silver sedan S. (I've ordered a silver Titanium sedan w/all options.)
First impressions:
The back seat leg room is tight. That was my biggest concern.
Front seats felt a little narrow & I'm not very "wide" back there! (However, my wife's Infiniti G35 has very narrow front seats.)
Maybe it was because it was a bottom-of-the-line "S" but it looked a little "flat" and uninteresting. Wheel covers didn't help.
Fit and finish is good, just like the reviews say.
Didn't appear the S has the opening/closing vents in the grill. But I think we knew that.
I didn't drive the car but may do so tomorrow.
Comments from others who have seen a Focus?

#97 · (Edited)
Even better! [headbang]

Just got off the phone w/ Santa Monica Ford. They said that they had a Titanium in yesterday for some dealership meeting, and that the flatbeds should be arriving in about 2-3 weeks.

UPDATE:::: I've been searching around all the ford dealerships around me and have starting laughing hysterically at the way Ford is abreviating their trim levels. There is: SE, SEL, or TIT! Every time I come across a dealership that has ordered 2 titanium trim Foci, I have a really hard time fighting the urge to say, "Now that's a fine pair of TITs!"

Sorry, couldn't resist...

-B

#103 ·
i second the back seat being tight. I was just fine with the front seats though, then again I am average height and skinny

I disagree; i thought that even the lower level models are well designed and sculped compared to a low level corolla or something. thats my opinion though

Keep in mind the S will be stark; the SE has some brighter trim on the dash and steering wheel surrounds from what I saw

#108 ·
Ordered in November, got the mug in early February I think, it's actually quite nice, but I want my car already.

However no VIN for me. there are two '12s showing up in my dealers inventory but both sedans.

Also my dealer called yesterday talking about some Ford guys coming down to give a presentation of sorts on the car, but still has no information about shipment dates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.