Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#578 ·
Ok, so to all of the folks who actually have a 2012 Focus with MFT. Have you checked the calendar app? Does it show the correct date or is it off by one day.

Here is what I've found with mine. My calendar advances by one day when the time hits 12:00pm (or it may be 1:00pm, I would have to double check). I can set the time back before then and it will show the correct date. There is some kind of bug with the clock and calendar. The version of Sync/MFT is Gen2-V2.10. Would love to hear from other 2012 Focus owners with MFT to see if this happens to them.

#579 ·
Just ordered Sterling Gray 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback with 401A package, 17" polished wheels, and NAV from the dealer this past Saturday, April 23. Still no vehicles on the lot here in Pensacola, Florida. The salesman said it would probably take 10-12 weeks and that was based on him saying the backlog was about 10 weeks. Does that sound about right?

#582 ·
I've been lurking on these forums the past few weeks. I've got a quick question....

I ordered a Focus SEL March 10 and I haven't heard a word from the dealer. He told me 4-6 weeks for a VIN but I'm quickly approaching the 10th week without a VIN. I went in about 2 weeks ago but I was told it's going to be 4-5 weeks more. Does anyone know what might be going on? I want this car so bad, haha. My '97 Explorer is hitting the dust really quickly.

#584 ·
I've been lurking on these forums the past few weeks. I've got a quick question....

I ordered a Focus SEL March 10 and I haven't heard a word from the dealer. He told me 4-6 weeks for a VIN but I'm quickly approaching the 10th week. I went in about 2 weeks ago but I was told it's going to be 4-5 weeks more. Does anyone know what might be going on? I want this car so bad, haha. My '97 Explorer is hitting the dust really quickly.
4-6 for a VIN seems a little far off. I had a VIN in a week or two. My car's going down the line on Thursday and should be here around 2-3 weeks after that (maybe sooner).

#589 ·
GoGators,

Sure hope they arent messing with you. Did you put a deposit down when you first ordered?

#598 ·
I love it! Can't beat getting 30+ MPG in a daily driver. The interior, DCT, myFord touch, it's a great car.

One thing I wish it had, projector headlamps. Our G37S has them with HIDs and it's like night and day compared to halogen setups. The Explorer has those huge yellow fogs, so I don't really mind not having projectors in there.

At any rate, as soon as those headlights are available for ordering, I'll be first on the forums to have them with HIDs setup in them.

#609 ·
I just have to jump in and beg people - please, if you modify your headlights, make sure the projection pattern and aiming is still correct. I don't have a problem with people modifying their vehicles, I have a problem with people doing it wrong.

When people just throw non-stock bulbs in their car and do nothing else, they can create a serious hazard for other drivers. This is exactly why HID mod kits became illegal in the US for street vehicles (but obviously that isn't enforced). Hopefully we will be able to import the euro HIDs, cause that is going to be the safest way to do this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.