Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#417 ·

I bet the mug looks great with the ambient lighting, as it appears that it was also designed to interact with it coming from the front cup holder. Seems like that clear plastic ring is in the perfect spot!

Just a hunch. Someone lucky enough to get their Focus with the ambient lighting will have to test this theory...preferably at night!

-B
I'll be sure to try it on mine [:D]

#413 ·
Quick question about the VIN. Based on the info from the Fleet site, the last 6 digits are the production sequence #. Does this number actually represent the order in which the car is going to be built?

For instance, if one VIN ends with 144000, and another is 152000, does that mean the second is 8,000 cars further back in line?

#415 ·
Maybe not the VIN itself, but the number at the top left of the sticker "MIC-000XXX" looks more like a sequence number to me. Especially since the cars that my dealer has in are all low: 000034, 091, 145, 147, 191... while mine is 445. If not a build sequence, perhaps an order number or "birthdate"?

#416 ·
I bet the mug looks great with the ambient lighting, as it appears that it was also designed to interact with it coming from the front cup holder. Seems like that clear plastic ring is in the perfect spot!

Just a hunch. Someone lucky enough to get their Focus with the ambient lighting will have to test this theory...preferably at night!

-B

#419 ·
^Me too!!

This is weird, and totally [offtopic], but...

If any of you have DirectTV, check out channel 111. Here in SoCal, it's completely dedicated to the 2012 Focus. It has features, Ford Trivia game, puzzle game, and a request a brochure button. I'm curious if this "request a brochure" will offer the same $750 private cash as the one from Ford.com, or something else.

Check it out.

UPDATE: To request a brochure, you need to have your receiver connected to a phone line.

-B

#424 ·
NEW HERE! Currently owner of 2005 Mazda 3 Sedan winning blue.. but on order for also the April 25th date. I dont have the VIN yet, but im sure the dealer has it already.

Mine will be
2012 Blue Candy Focus Sedan Titanium
MFT, Navigation
17" Machine Polished Rims (like the ones on the black hatch posted earlier).

CAN'T WAIT! I test drove the SE model and the interior is still cool even in that car. Love the info display in the dash.

Here's the preview of it from the ford site....

#428 ·
Anybody got a build date/VIN for a Titanium with parking package? I'm wondering if Ford is "building up" the option packages, that being cars with all or almost all options are being sequenced later?
I ordered a fully loaded Titanium sedan the first week of November and it's yet to be scheduled. Anybody else in looking at the same situation?

#429 ·
Got VIN and build date of the 25th! :D

Say all this talk about mugs makes me curious what qualifies as "pre-order"? Have those that ordered recently got a mug? Is it something you have to ask the dealer to get?

#432 ·
I have a Vin. and build date of Apr.25. A fully loaded Titanium Hatch except for GPS and winter package.

Pre-Order was anytime before the end of Feb. I haven't received a mug and don't know how they are given out.

And no window sticker yet.

I pre-ordered on Feb. 9.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.