Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#368 ·
Just heard back from my dealer and still no build date, but he said he expected to get one this week. That's frustrating given that I placed my order Jan. 13 and people in this thread who have ordered MFT-equipped cars later than me appear to be receiving their VINs and build dates.

Another note...I think someone earlier in this thread said that he was told that Ford was having problems with delivery companies which might further delay him/her receiving their car. My sales manager just gave me the same information.

#373 ·
Another note...I think someone earlier in this thread said that he was told that Ford was having problems with delivery companies which might further delay him/her receiving their car. My sales manager just gave me the same information.
I stopped into my dealer today to check out a 2012 in person (I know, I'm so behind) and my sales guy said the same thing. He said that when the auto industry went haywire way back, transport companies went out of business and have yet to recover. After finally seeing the hatch in person, I am even more impatient! Such a pretty car.

#371 ·
I got my VIN today!! The build date is the week or 4/25, not in a couple of days like he said yesterday, maybe he meant a couple of weeks. Still I am excited and ready to get my new car.

I printed the VIN results from Ford Fleet. The VIN is on Ford ETIS VIN look up, but no vehicle details and no window sticker at reasearchmaniacs.com

#372 ·
Good luck on this. Mine was suppose to go on assemble line this past Thur. but no delivery date yet.

Things always seem to move slow when your in a hurry. [thumb]

#376 ·
Emerrill, any explanation in to why a 303A SEL hatch with MFT, 17" alloy wheels, and the arctic white seats may be in a material hold or anything? Ordered 1/31 and dealer has zero info. Anything in my order slowing it down? Are the Titanium's higher priority? You seem to be the inside man... =)

#382 ·
Good call on the allocation. Dealer has 28 total available/on order according to dealer online inventory. That's quite a few cars, so it stands to reason that you could be right.

Maybe that's why my dealer means when he keeps saying he's trying to increase the priority, i.e. get my car done before some stock order is done?

#385 ·
That is the best you can get without a Zone Manager changing it to a lower number.

So they got no allocations this week, they were all used with other priority 10 vehicles, or there is some hold for that vehicle that we are unaware of. Or some other Ford scheduling magic got in the way...

#388 ·
OK, I just heard from the Ford Coustmer Service person here in the site. She gave me my Vin.,same as the dealer told me, but unlike what my dealer had said, my cars build date is April 25. [?]

Phrogg, Think that means your clean and green, that is, everything has been approved but not scheduled for production yet.

#390 ·
WoooHooo - finally got a VIN today of 1FAHP3N20CL144926 . I've tried to get a build date from this based on some links in this thread but must be doing something wrong. Can someone please take this VIN and get me a build date or even a window sticker. My car is a Titanium hatch which of course includes MFT. I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

#395 ·
I haven't heard of anyone yet. Moreover, dealers here in SoCal still don't even have the bulk of their stock ordered cars yet. I just emailed one, but he won't be back to the office until Friday.

And the wait goes on...

-B

#402 ·
Hey fanatics,

Just got an email from a dealership down here in SoCal, and she told me that she ran a dealer locate on all the Titaniums coming to out to our closest 300 dealerships (within a 782 mile radius!!!), and found that there are only 34 of them!!! She also told me none of them had shipped yet, and believes that the factory wants to release them all at once (didn't specify a reason though).

More bad news for us in the pacific time zone.[bigcry]

-B

#404 ·
I just got informed by my dealer that my Titanium Hatch order is clear (no holds) has been assigned a VIN, and is scheduled for production in the first week of May. It was ordered on 14 March, and was previously on hold for polished 17" wheels.

#408 ·
Thanks, I pre-ordered but no mug yet. I know Ford has done this in the past with my 02 Bird and my 97 F-150 with things they sent out to pre-ordered cars from customers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.