2012 Focus Electric MSRP: $39,200 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus Electric

MK3 Focus Electric The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 all-electric Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Administrator

Fan#: 41389
Points 45,208, Level 100
Points: 45,208, Level: 100 Points: 45,208, Level: 100 Points: 45,208, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 FFTeam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Focus Electric MSRP: $39,200

Starting today, drivers that want to go completely gasoline-free will be able to configure the all-new 2012 Ford Focus Electric online at Ford.com and place their orders with a Certified Electric Vehicle (EV) dealer.

“Today is an historic day, as Ford opens up the order banks for the company’s first full production, all-electric passenger vehicle – the Focus Electric,” said Chad D’Arcy, Focus Electric Marketing Manager, Ford Motor Company. “The all-new Focus Electric is an important part of Ford’s overall strategy, bringing still another option to customers who want a car that is fun-to-drive, easy to own and fully electric.”

Drivers interested in learning more about the 2012 Focus Electric will be able to see detailed product specs and virtually build and price one at a dedicated online website: http://www.ford.com/electric/focuselectric/2012/ starting Wednesday.

Focus Electric comes standard with: MyFord Touch with 8-inch touchscreen; two driver-configurable 4.2-inch color LCD displays in cluster for unique EV driving screens; MyFord™ Mobile App (for remotely monitoring and scheduling battery charging with owners’ smartphone as well as remote start); HID Headlamps; 17-inch aluminum wheels, ambient lighting, seats made from 100-percent recycled material; Rear Camera with Rear Parking Sensor; Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start; MyKey®; voice-activated Navigation System; Particulate Air Filter; hands-free SYNC® Bluetooth telephone connectivity with Traffic, Direction and Information Services; electronic traction control; Sony®-Branded audio with nine speakers; SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and HD Radio™.

The only options on well-equipped Focus Electrics are leather seats and two paint colors.

“Ford believes driving electric doesn’t mean consumers should have to sacrifice on driving experience or vehicle quality,” said D’Arcy. “The Focus Electric comes with more standard features than any other comparable all-electric vehicle.”

In addition to silently cruising past gas stations, Focus Electric drivers will never need oil changes or any of the other service required on gasoline engines. Focus Electric exclusively stores energy in an advanced lithium-ion battery pack. The battery pack uses liquid-cooling to help ensure a long-life and optimal performance under all weather and driving conditions.

The Focus Electric’s battery can be recharged in just over three hours using a 240-volt charging station, about half the charging time of the 2012 Nissan Leaf. Drivers also can top off the battery any standard 120-volt outlet using the included charging cord.

The online site also provides potential customers the ability to find the location of their nearest Ford Certified EV dealer so they can place their order.

A limited number of Focus Electrics will first be available in California and the New York/New Jersey regions. Availability of the Focus Electric will expand next year to the remaining 15 launch markets as production ramps up.

The 19 launch markets include: Atlanta, Austin and Houston, Texas; Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, New York, Orlando, Fla., Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz.; Portland, Ore.; Raleigh Durham, N.C.; Richmond, Va., Seattle, and Washington, D.C.

Markets were chosen based on several criteria, including commuting patterns, existing hybrid purchase trends, utility company collaboration and local government commitment to electrification.

Check Out FocusRSClub.com
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86142
What I Drive: 2002, Yellow Mazda

FF Reputation: 1 redav Good Standing Member
The limited color options are disappointing.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '14 TB ST3, '04 Silver SVT

Points 15,488, Level 80
Points: 15,488, Level: 80 Points: 15,488, Level: 80 Points: 15,488, Level: 80
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^^LOL!

At least it will be more readily available than the Volt was/is.

The real question is will some one buying an electric car, who is obviously trying to make a statement about how "green" they are, be interested in an all electric vehicle that is based off a gasoline powered car? The Volt and the Leaf are unique to their brands as those two vehicles are only offered as electric/hybrid.
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty
Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 56506
What I Drive: 2008 SE, 2012 SE Hatch

Points 333, Level 6
Points: 333, Level: 6 Points: 333, Level: 6 Points: 333, Level: 6
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 joe91898 Good Standing Member
So you are looking at over 40grand for one of these? Who's going to buy them? If I could afford to spend 40g's on a car I don't think I would be worried about buying gas.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,933, Level 98
Points: 27,933, Level: 98 Points: 27,933, Level: 98 Points: 27,933, Level: 98
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sorry Ford The Volt is outpacing Leaf sales for a reason. There are just not that many people out there who want a commute to work only car in the garage.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
It's a start in a direction, but 40k for a car with this many limitations is not for me.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
Focal Distortion

Fan#: 74797
What I Drive: 2007, Huyndai, Santa Fe, GLS

FF Reputation: 8 st12131 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
wow 40k is a little steep! I love the idea, but it's about 15k too expensive for such a limited range. Give me a gas/electric hybrid for 20k and I'm in
Focus S #1, Sedan Revolution #192, Rally Revolution #8, March 2012 SOTM
Focal Distortion, a Ford licensed club and FSC member.
Sgt, USMC (1999-2003)
Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88284
What I Drive: 06 Mustang GT Premium, black

FF Reputation: 4 Chewie12 Good Standing Member
Mehhh if I wanted a hybrid Id prefer a CRZ 40 grand is a bit much.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
Dat boxer rumble

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

Points 7,926, Level 59
Points: 7,926, Level: 59 Points: 7,926, Level: 59 Points: 7,926, Level: 59
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 9 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
40k for a focus?

you gotta be kidding me. i know its electric, and i know its got alot of gadgets, but its still a focus. spend 20k on a fiesta, 5k on a focus, gut the focus, turbo the focus, and still have 10k left over for gas.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #10
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

Points 12,836, Level 73
Points: 12,836, Level: 73 Points: 12,836, Level: 73 Points: 12,836, Level: 73
Level Up 97% Completed
Level up: 97% Level up: 97% Level up: 97%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
40k for a focus?

you gotta be kidding me. i know its electric, and i know its got alot of gadgets, but its still a focus. spend 20k on a fiesta, 5k on a focus, gut the focus, turbo the focus, and still have 10k left over for gas.
Why does it matter if it's called Focus? Would it be automatically a better deal if it was called a Fusion but electric? (because the Fusion costs more than the focus to begin with)
It's fully electric, it costs as much as the other full electric vehicles
You get the $7500 tax rebate thing along with it that should chop it down some

If you are looking at going electric you don't go buy something else and end up stripping it and turbo regardless of how much money you have left for gas.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.