Focus Bells & whistles - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 250265
What I Drive: 2008 Vista Blue sedan

Points 70, Level 1
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 stocklook Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus Bells & whistles

I may be comparing apples to oranges here but i cant seem to find info or maybe because of age they remove the info on fords to make room for the new models, and the manual is a little vague on this
Anyway, I came from a Chevy sonic due to financial revamp im in this 08 focus se, my chevy had every bell and whistle that you could have, and even my 07 obs silverado had a few more than the focus, heck even my 02 silverado had a little more, I'm good with what it has but would like a few more, but here's one thing I would like:

I have the 08 focus se with sync, all power, more of a basic model ford I guess, this is my first ford,

Auto headlights, model option? there is a little knockout front center of dash??
outside lighting on when unlock doors at night (part out auto headlight sys)
and with the auto dim mirror and sync sys they would have a compas/temp model opt im sure but like i said i can't find a good place with this info,
DRL's thought this was kinda a NTSA mandated thing,

Here is some things im adding and wondering if ford uses wire harnesses for all cars depending on model, fog/driving light wire tucked under so all you need to do is find it and just plug-pay with lights and new switch then maybe program, Thanks in advanced for feed back <new ford owner>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111755
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver SES Sedan

Points 83, Level 1
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 1 DaMiFo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocklook View Post
I may be comparing apples to oranges here but i cant seem to find info or maybe because of age they remove the info on fords to make room for the new models, and the manual is a little vague on this
Anyway, I came from a Chevy sonic due to financial revamp im in this 08 focus se, my chevy had every bell and whistle that you could have, and even my 07 obs silverado had a few more than the focus, heck even my 02 silverado had a little more, I'm good with what it has but would like a few more, but here's one thing I would like:

I have the 08 focus se with sync, all power, more of a basic model ford I guess, this is my first ford,

Auto headlights, model option? there is a little knockout front center of dash??
outside lighting on when unlock doors at night (part out auto headlight sys)
and with the auto dim mirror and sync sys they would have a compas/temp model opt im sure but like i said i can't find a good place with this info,
DRL's thought this was kinda a NTSA mandated thing,

Here is some things im adding and wondering if ford uses wire harnesses for all cars depending on model, fog/driving light wire tucked under so all you need to do is find it and just plug-pay with lights and new switch then maybe program, Thanks in advanced for feed back <new ford owner>
Just to start, there are several minor differences between 2008's and 2009-2011 models for some strange reason. (09+ SE's seem to have more standard options I've noticed, all 09+ models have different door/ignition chimes, the fake fender vents, rear dome lights, etc. Small things, you may notice these as you browse around here.

Unfortunately our gen Focuses never came with Auto-Dim headlights. I have an optioned out SES, and a close friend had a loaded SEL 2011, neither had auto lights. I looked into it myself a few years ago as I noticed the same notch that our 09 Escape (with auto lights) had. No go.

Ford's only turn the headlights on when you unlock on models with auto-dim lights, and therefor they only do it at night (or in a garage). Otherwise Ford's without auto lights turn the front park & rear tail lights on when you unlock. (Maybe the '08 is different here?). Personally I like it this way, I hate when someone parks their Chevy and the reverse lights come on to make me think they're about to back up.

The compass & external temperature should be on the sides of the screen on the top of your dash. If the car isn't equipped, it doesn't show up. Like I said, 2008's had some odd differences, so maybe a 2008 owner can comment on this further if this was even an option then.

DRL's are very rarely turned on on Fords in the US, only when required. Mostly a fleet car option, and on the new ones it's user changeable. NHTSA doesn't require DRL's, some states themselves do. GM just turns them on no matter what (to save time in the programming department maybe, who knows). Check with your dealer, or maybe someone else can chime in here. Not sure if this can be changed like it can on the newer generation of Fords.

Hope I've answered your questions!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 74993
What I Drive: Focus

Points 1,861, Level 25
Points: 1,861, Level: 25 Points: 1,861, Level: 25 Points: 1,861, Level: 25
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 1 Miztaken1312 Good Standing Member
I have an 08 SES with everything except the Audiophile (upgraded radio) package.

I have no trunk release inside the car, and the headlights do not turn on when you unlock the car (although you CAN program the car to do so, procedure is in the owners manual).

You can also get the screen on the dash to read temperature and direction, but it requires swapping quite a few parts, and honestly, it's not worth the effort. There is a thread somewhere on these forums with everything you need to know.

Again, no automatic DRLs either.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:32 PM   #4
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 250265
What I Drive: 2008 Vista Blue sedan

Points 70, Level 1
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 stocklook Good Standing Member
thanks, it did, i did find a few things on the temp/comp ford uses the same LCD screen on several models the pictures show a pre production, not used on first 08 production, kinda deceiving, they did put in on later models,

what is the knock out in the middle front of dash? just had a small brain fart, can you program features through the USB sync and a laptop with Ford software, Just a thought guys so go easy on me
Old 08-04-2015, 11:35 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111755
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver SES Sedan

Points 83, Level 1
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 1 DaMiFo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miztaken1312 View Post
I have no trunk release inside the car, and the headlights do not turn on when you unlock the car (although you CAN program the car to do so, procedure is in the owners manual).
Ah, see that's interesting, I just checked my manual, it mentions nothing about programming the lights to turn on or not, and in the locks/security section it explicitly says the interior and parking lights will turn on when you press the unlock button. The only functions I can change myself relating to that at all is I can change whether the fob opens one door or all doors on the first "unlock" press, as well as auto lock/unlock. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocklook View Post
thanks, it did, i did find a few things on the temp/comp ford uses the same LCD screen on several models the pictures show a pre production, not used on first 08 production, kinda deceiving, they did put in on later models,

what is the knock out in the middle front of dash? just had a small brain fart, can you program features through the USB sync and a laptop with Ford software, Just a thought guys so go easy on me
Yeah I believe all models actually used the same screen for several years. If you look close at the screen (or go into diagnostics mode) there are also places to show the car's interior temperature and fan/blower speed for the Fusion and other better equipped cars. Plus a few other functions relating to SYNC that I haven't seen be used until the latest update.

No, unfortunately the USB port connects directly to the APIM (the SYNC computer), not the BCM (or a couple other computers) where car functions are controlled. Ford dealers use the ODB-II port, that gives you access to everything (with the right tools, of course).

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.