Focus Fanatics Forum banner

08 foglight mod

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dcorwin822 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have been waiting for this forever! Thanks!

Not sure if I am going to mess with it this far though. It would be easier to run a switch on my HID relay harness.

The reason the fogs turn off is when you turn your high beams on you want to focus on the far away light. If your fog area is lit up its hard to see further. They are on with lowbeam so you can see close, and mid ways away.

But I am the same as you, I only need to see mid so the extra light combined with the high beam and the fogs on top of the mid range light would be excellent. Also it would not overpower anything because both sets of lights are 35w HIDs totaling 70w. Where the original lights would both be running 110w for low and 120w for high.

My lights are always technically on low beam since I did the HID retrofit. All hitting the high beam switch does is drop the shield in the projector. No change in wattage, just my foglights kick off

So if I want this to work I can run a switch off the foglight relay harness and turn them on and off whenever, or I can put a switch on the highbeam shield solenoid and turn my highbeam on and off whenever while technically leaving it on lowbeam with the fogs on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.