Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Why's everyone selling their mk2's?

5K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  st12131 
#1 ·
I don't log for a couple of weeks, come back and everyones selling their foci. What's up with this?! haha.

#12 ·
Heck yeah man! I love the second gens.
i was trying to sell mine since i don't really drive it and needed a truck more. ended up deciding to keep it and bouth a cheaper truck.

but alot of people seem to want the ST now.
I can understand that. Glad you kept it though! haha. There's just something I like about the second gens body style. Not as much stock but when a few mods are done to it they can look really great. I was at a ford dealership today and was looking at an ST. It looks like a great car, but I just like the look and feel of my car more.
If 'everybody' was selling.. there would be 600,000 plus Focus 2nd gen ads for sale..
Just sayin' [slap]
I didn't mean it literally. [rolleyes] That being said, there are lot of regulars in the second gen chats that have sold in the past few weeks. Just wondering where this trend is coming from or if I'm missing something important. haha.

Also, the new fusion definitely is sick. I can't wait to see what some more people do with it!

#4 ·
I want something with a manual trans so badddd. The Focus has been a great car, but it was a necessity buy and now that I'm able to make a more lengthy decision, I'm leaning toward an ST or a manual trans loaded SE. I don't care for the chrome trim line on the exterior of the Titanium.

#5 ·
Ya an ST would be nice but adding a turbo and a tune would be cheaper and just as fast. I have done to much to sell it now

#6 ·
When I bought mine it was the only used one on the lot.
Now I drive by the same dealership and see 4-8 of them right out front.

Must be everyone hit 36k miles [mecry]

I don't care though. I bought a new car (15k miles) so I could keep it for a long time and take care of it from the beginning. Not selling mine!

#8 ·
I was close a couple weeks ago to trading mine in on a 2013 ST.

Getting bored with mine. Not used to driving slow cars. ST = faster and still great MPGs.

#15 ·
I have also noticed this! and people are not near as active as they used to be! Even those who still have their second gens! =( it makes me sad really because I used to spend countless hours here on the forum talking to you guys about the Fofo

#18 ·
I married into an '09 SE and it was a solid trouble free car for the 3 years and 33,000 miles we drove it but I needed something more sporty and fun to drive and with our 2012 SE my wife hasn't looked back and she loved her '09. The MK2 is a solid car but not a starting point for me to want to throw mods on it.

#21 ·
If mine hadn't been an automatic, I'd have modded it and kept it, even with the rash of door dings that it came with.

Now I've gotten my 2013 with the manual trans and couldn't be happier. This thing is NIIIIIIIICE.

#23 ·
Mine is gone too, but I didn't sell it. Ford took it back after my bankruptcy, even though I excluded it and was current with my payments. Im just a little pissed at Ford Motor Credit right now but o well. I get to drive a 2012 f-150 Ecoboost 4x4 for work and they let me take it home and use it on the weekends, so im over it for now.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.